Hoobies..

electricpanda

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wimp! Falling from a skateboard or bike in a civilised area is not falling.

Haha, depends how fast and high you are, or how many steps you have to tumble down before you stop. My friend once "fell" under a doubledeker bus hahahaha that probs hurt!! :lol:

Playing on skateboards and bikes is what children do to prepare them for life in the real world.

Falling under a bus? Bet he was glad it wasn't a Russian (or whoever our enemies are in today's world) tank!

:lol:

I remember my first day at our local capoeira club (only a few months ago), I couldn’t believe how flexible some of them where, I found my first (play) fight a strange experiance but it was all good spirited and fun.

I study Jikishin Jujitsu, it’s a combination of tradition and modern techniques but i would say its very self defence based. Our dojo also sometimes has a bleed of other arts included as well as just syllabus work, so we sometimes incorporate a little TKD, Boxing, Judo & Escrima bits into our class.

I agree that Capoeira isn’t something I would use in a fight but I do love the relaxed and just fun approach to the normal “do as much damage as possible”. Also I think it has really helped me with balance, coordination and flexibility that has made a difference.

Do you study anything Scotty??

lol kind of yeah

trained ju jitsu for 5 or more years, most of it based around mma rather than traditional routes.

trained thai for about 3 i think, never fought thai rules yet but would love to.

Im onto my tenth mma fight in two weeks, on a big show called strike and submit. my record t the moment is 5-2-1 which aint to bad.

I was the north of england grappling champion last year in my weight cat c which was light heavy and also the opn weight , but i fight at middle so loose around 10kg to fight.

I havent had time to do belts etc, but to me they only hold your trousers up, belts arent an indication on your ability anyway.

tbh out of all the tma's i dont mind capoeira to watch as it does actully look good , its the whole karate, kung fu etc etc tma's that just seem to make me laugh, all the punching from the hip etc just doesnt work in real life and seems to give kids with belts the idea they can defend themselves when they blatently couldnt against anyone with any common sense..

sorry about the tma rant lol

do you want to be spiderman?

Yes, though without the Amercanasms. Can you help me?

I bet he looks fetching in lycra

:)

Ha! I learnt my lesson and I'm not falling for that again!

KW1O2020.jpg

:huh:

probably not.

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=2277296597726446805&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

thanks for that :rolleyes::lol:

probably not.

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=2277296597726446805&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>

Your link is rubbish. Do it again!

thanks for that :rolleyes::lol:
Your link is rubbish. Do it again!

:rolleyes:

Edited to say: i hate free running i think its some ****e thing that all the kids are now doing! kids alwayd ruin good things, but, you cant help but think that those guys are taletned, and they are kinda real life spidermen!

Edited by Little Green Giant

I used to mtn bike, indoor climb (scared of heights), roller hockey and attempt to skateboard (was 28 when i started so was pants) and tae kwon do.

i now only rollerblade, gym (i go 4/5 times a week so it's a hobby) play basketball and netball (quitting netball tho, not enough running around) for local teams.

lol kind of yeah

trained ju jitsu for 5 or more years, most of it based around mma rather than traditional routes.

trained thai for about 3 i think, never fought thai rules yet but would love to.

Im onto my tenth mma fight in two weeks, on a big show called strike and submit. my record t the moment is 5-2-1 which aint to bad.

I was the north of england grappling champion last year in my weight cat c which was light heavy and also the opn weight , but i fight at middle so loose around 10kg to fight.

I havent had time to do belts etc, but to me they only hold your trousers up, belts arent an indication on your ability anyway.

tbh out of all the tma's i dont mind capoeira to watch as it does actully look good , its the whole karate, kung fu etc etc tma's that just seem to make me laugh, all the punching from the hip etc just doesnt work in real life and seems to give kids with belts the idea they can defend themselves when they blatently couldnt against anyone with any common sense..

sorry about the tma rant lol

Wow, you must have trained hard to be grappling champion, I love to grapple but I don’t think im very good at the moment. I bet your looking forward to your fight!

I’ve not heard of strike and submit but I will have a look at it, I have only done a couple of association internal competitions so far, but I have only been training for about 2 years.

I agree belts have a loose link to a persons ability, but I do think they can still be good in the dojo. Especially with kids, gives them goals to work towards and a sense of achievement.

We have a student that has studies a little karate and still occasionally reverts to the wide stance and hip punch but always ends up taking a beating hehe. But I guess it depends on the student and teacher to make it affective or not.

I'm properly getting into the dark side of road racing now but also really ramping up the training in preparation for the BUCS (BUSA) Duathlon Champs in Novemeber & the Welsh Du' Champs in April. I swim too just to give my legs a breather. Not really a hobby, more a way of life as i train twice a day almost every day of the week now. A side effect of this is a horrific food bill.

One of my mates has taught me to shoot recently, loads of fun!!