What if? If they are wrong?

Lukus 9N

So CERN scientists believe that the LHC they've built won't release massive amounts of energy in a dangerous way and what happens inside of the detectors happens thousands of times a second above our heads in the atmosphere, and we're all safe.

But, what happens if they're wrong? They're talking about recreating a scenario that happened a billionth billionth billionth billionth billionth of a second after the Big Bang.

They claim they know what happened, and how the forces were created at the pinnacle moment of the Big Bang.

I guess they call it fear-mongering, but with such a profound moment being recreated on our planet and trying to keep it undercontrol.

You can say I've lost my mind, but doesn't that just sound completely mad to anyone else but me?

Edited by Lukus 9N

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, what happens if they're wrong?

Well potentiall we're all f*cked really. If something catastrophic happens then chances are it'll be so violent and quick you won't notice anyway. Well thats what I'm hoping.

Either that or we're going to be stuck in a real world version of 'Half Life' :(

It won't be quick and violent, the power they're creating will create minute black holes, which through Stephen Hawkings model they should dissapear because they radiate radiation. But nobody knows if that model is right or not, and if they do radiate radiation.

It would be a slow process of a black hole growing in size before devouring more and more. I think you'd literally see it coming.

I heard this from a friend, quite interesting idea.

"I think Christ came in the year 1000A.D, exactly 1000 years after his first visit, unknown and undocumented and the time we've had up to 2000A.D has been the "enlightened" period, we've been free to do as we like, but now God will appear in front of us, and we shall all be judged. God has given us the power to recreate our own beginning and that shall be the end of us."

Now I think that is quite a worrying thought.

I don't like things like this, it seems they are trying to recreate something overwhelmingly powerful that they may not be able to control. Why didn't they spend the £6 billion they spent on the model, on the poverty around the world?

When does it take place?

7 reasons the world will end in 2012

Scientific experts from around the world are genuinely predicting that five years from now, all life on Earth could well finish. Some are saying it'll be humans that set it off. Others believe that a natural phenomenon will be the cause. And the religious folks are saying it'll be God himself who presses the stop button...

1. Mayan Calendar

The first mob to predict 2012 as the end of the world were the Mayans, a bloodthirsty race that were good at two things:

Building highly accurate astrological equipment out of stone and

Sacrificing Virgins.

Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out. The Mayan calendar predicts that the Earth will end on December 21, 2012. Given that they were pretty close to the mark with the lunar cycle, it's likely they've got the end of the world right as well.

2. Sun Storms

Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012

3. The Atom Smasher

Scientists in Europe have been building the world's largest particle accelerator. Basically its a 27km tunnel designed to smash atoms together to find out what makes the Universe tick. However, the mega-gadget has caused serious concern, with some scientists suggesting that it's properly even a bad idea to turn it on in the first place. They're predicting all manner of deadly results, including mini black holes. So when this machine is fired up for its first serious experiment in 2012, the world could be crushed into a super-dense blob the size of a basketball.

4. The Bible says...

If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad enough,religious folks are getting in on the act aswell. Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down for 2012. The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.

5. Super Volcano

Yellowstone National Park in the United States is famous for its thermal springs and Old Faithful geyser. The reason for this is simple - it's sitting on top of the world's biggest volcano, and geological experts are beginning to get nervous sweats. The Yellowstone volcano has a pattern of erupting every 650,000 years or so, and we're many years overdue for an explosion that will fill the atmosphere with ash, blocking the sun and plunging the Earth into a frozen winter that could last up to 15,000 years. The pressure under the Yellowstone is building steadily, and geologists have set 2012 as a likely date for the big bang.

6. The Physicists

This one's case of bog-simple maths mathematics. Physicists at Berekely Uni have been crunching the numbers. and they've determined that the Earth is well overdue for a major catastrophic event. Even worse, they're claiming their calculations prove, that we're all going to die, very soon - while also saying their prediction comes with a certainty of 99 percent- and 2012 just happens to be the best guess as to when it occurs.

7. Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!

We all know the Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that sheilds us from most of the sun's radiation. What you might not know is that the magnetic poles we call north and south have a nasty habit of swapping places every 750,000 years or so - and right now we're about 30,000 years overdue. Scientists have noted that the poles are drifting apart roughly 20-30kms each year, much faster than ever before, which points to a pole-shift being right around the corner. While the pole shift is underway, the magnetic field is disrupted and will eventually disappear, sometimes for up to 100 years. The result is enough UV outdoors to crisp your skin in seconds, killing everything it touches.

LUKUS ITS ALL BILLHOOKS

corect me if im wrong but didnt steven hawkins say that even if it does work it wil take a while to grow from its smalest state but seconds to destroy its self in our atmostphere.

Im just hoping this is right!

The world was supost to end in 2000 and 2002. They were wrong so lets hope that 3rd time lucky doesnt work!

Some one shud sabotage the machine. I dont wana die haha

I heard this from a friend, quite interesting idea.

"I think Christ came in the year 1000A.D, exactly 1000 years after his first visit, unknown and undocumented and the time we've had up to 2000A.D has been the "enlightened" period, we've been free to do as we like, but now God will appear in front of us, and we shall all be judged. God has given us the power to recreate our own beginning and that shall be the end of us."

Now I think that is quite a worrying thought.

i think he should get his ass outa church and to the pub :rolleyes:

i've heard more **** about the worlds gonna end and all this ****, that if it was gonna end tomorrow i wouldn't believe it and frankly wouldn't give a flying **** :)

Edited by Dazzzzzz...

HMMMM How many unwanted pregnancies are their going to be in 2012?

We didnt use a condom he told me the world was going to end and he siad it with fear in his voice.

So i though what the heck may as well go out with a Bang (Pun Intended)

Im just going to ramble now :sleeping:

The chances of it going wrong are like winning the lottery 3 weeks in succession i can sleep at night knowing i will probably never win the lottery once in my life so i am not going to worry about not winning the lottery 3 times in a row

and as far as i know that has never happened once in the history of the lottery so im not bothered.

The Mayans never predicted the end of the world its just an interpretation, it could also be interpreted that the world as we know it will end and we will enter a new phase just as we enter a new season. I am not going to explain that as it can get too deep and i will start talking about longitudinal magnetism, DNA and other such wizardry of nature that can effect the biological form just as the lunar phase has an effect on the biological form. lunatic.. Latin lunaticus. all though the moon has other effects the most easy effects of the fool moon to explain is the positive ions that enter the air. The full moon pulls the water table up expelling positive ions from the ground into the air.

In a nutshell the posative ions change the chemical reactions inside the biological form, (the body is electromagnetic) thus having an effect on brain state if the brain enters high beta brain frequencies you can go lo-co (hypertensive or hyperactive state, often accompanied with anxiety, panic, anger or rage and possibly psychosis)

All brain states are magnetic and to a certain extent we don't have control over our moods the are environmental. We are in a society with more anger and violence but that is a direct result of EM pollution drowning out the earths natural magnetic field we tap into ever day and more importantly at night. The air is also unnaturally charged with positive ions and we eat food with a low Zeta potential all bad for a relaxed brain state and biological function.

If you meditate you become more 'spiritual' because you lower the brain state into relaxation then you connect with life in a different way, this could quite easily be induced by a shift in the earth or by planetary alignment that may just happen in 2012. We were all encoded with traits due to planetary alignment at the point of fetal development (star signs should be given from the point of conception not birth the magnetic effect was taking place when you were growing and has nothing to do with when you were born)

I cant be bothered with meditation so i just induce relaxation with a bit of electronic wizardry that pulses the frequencies straight into my head to actually change the brain state, much better than taking a diasipam chill pill or smoking weed

it lasts longer

Their are more things that are detrimental to us than the particle execrator but who knows it could eat us in 2012. I wonder if you can surf the event horizon lol.

oh god have u listend to yourselves??? its all bollox! they want you to be scared! if anythin is gunna end the earth its gunna be a mass panic! where everybody will be out of control!

its bollox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!