The Mole aka Max's Arosa 1.4 tdi

Max69vk

Thought I’d finally do my own ‘Readers ride’ topic & try & compress all my crap from around the forum onto one thread. Unfortunately I don’t have a single picture of when the car was standard pukeface.gif

After a spot of modifying the car ended up with a set of PI – 45mm springs, Reiger sideskirts, MS design rear spoiler, Lester grills, 7x15” Enzo cup alloys & a few interior mods…

aro1a.jpg

aro2a.jpg

aro4a.jpg

aro3a.jpg

:)

Edited by Max69vk

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Performance mods were limited to a Pipercross air filter, full custom Longlife exhaust system & remap DSC00253.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00254Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Cambridge style rear lights (thanks Martin!)…

6XO945095F.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

rear01.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

rear02.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Things stayed like this for a couple of months till I started getting bored & then a new set of rims were in order, bought them of E38 & almost regretted it straight away as they were absolutely ****ed. Bad corrosion, runs & silcons in the paint , chip & kerbing all over, it meant that they desperately needed a refurb & with no cash it meant I was the one having to do it…

rim123.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

click here for the full details on the refurb (Im not typing it out again!).During this time I got bored again & changed the front grill for a badgless Bonrath item…

grill-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> Next thing to arrive was a new set of 'hoop'style headrests to replace the bulky Arosa ones, although leaving them standard wasn't going to be an option as I didn't like the way they sat when fitted! This meant stripping them down & rebuilding them using bits & pieces from both sets of headrests - Click here for the full thread on how to modify. Just before E38 a set of these PhilJ specials turned up although they never got fitted as a set of cheap Fk's turned up instead & these got sold to Matty B!…

Picture001.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

As of E38 it looked like this…

Picture003Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture001Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture002Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture112Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Picture145Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Obligatory arty farty funny angle shot!

Picture147Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by Max69vk

Mid E38 a new dark grey interior was fitted courtesy of Noddy (& AndyP for disposal! DSC00001Small-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00002Small-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00154Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00155Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00156Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Needles to say a lot of inspiration was gathered at the show & a new plan was hatched, But wit winter fast approaching & no decent garage facilities all that could be done was to finally fit the new wheels & Fk coilovers…

DSC00556.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Things stayed like that for a while until I decided to start smoothing the bumpers off, somehow I didn’t manage to get picture of the car with the front bumper on but a couple of my neighbours very kindly decided to drive into the back & front of the car and totally ruin them finished4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

(full ‘how to’ thread here )

Boredom again set in & a few different sets off of wheels were trialled although none were actually ever fitted as I was looking for that certain something a little bit unique. These wheels came & went…

turbine1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00115.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Before these were settled on for ‘summer’ use…

rim1a.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> DSC00212Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00213Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

During all of this a plan was being hatched for the bodywork, the side skirts had taken an absolute battering - the net result of low(ish) ride height & speed humps DSC00181.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

So off they came & I got cracking with the bodywork to come full circle, removing everything that’s been bolted on & get things smooth again!…

DSC00335.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00340.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0325Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0326Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0327Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0328Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0329Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0330Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0331Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0332Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The idea is that by the end of the week it will be looking a bit more like this…

planBcopy.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

(Cheers to OLW for the original image that I've used to P'chop!) smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Can you give me some more details on these alloys please? turbine1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

and these:

DSC00115.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by MrNase

They're phase 1 clio 16v alloys, polished lips & powder coated centres. 6.5x15" Et33 4x100pcd, perfect fitment for a Lupo or Arosa The 2nd set are phase 1 Zender turbo alloys with custom made smooth centres, 7x15 Et 30 & 4x100 pcd rare as poop (especially with the original centres) as worn by one of the best lupo's ever created! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Max69vk

needless to say it started life as a boggo 1.4 tdi sport

*cough* S *cough* laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It does look very nice, really like the seats, smoothed bumpers and the gearknob shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Lovely jubbly! Been thinking about Cambridge lights on the Arosa, and now you've inspired me!

Need to give my Arosa some new shoes. In fact....I'm gonna get mine sorted out with a few more mods over the summer me thinks!

119hp? Cracking figure which makes yours the most powerful 1.4 TDI on here doesn't it? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think Al's was 120bhp, worst thing is I cant find my RR print out although I had written the figures down elsewhere, & I know for a fact its not pushing anywhere near that now as its running like a bag of poop! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Still got a shed load of bits waiting to be fitted once the bodyworks done too including the sound system which will comprise of;

Alpine CDA 7969R (rare as rocking horse sh*t!) + 12 disc changer,

Old skool Rockford Punch 60x2 (landmine) amp,

Old skool Rockford Punch 200x2 (landmine) amp,

Rockford Punch RFD2210 HX2 DVC subwoofer,

Rockford Punch Power RFR-1406 mid range speakers,

Dragster (Rockford) tweeters & x-overs (until I can find my Infinty Emit-R ribbon bands).

As you can see I'm a massive fan of Rockford Fosgate equipment! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Have been every since a friend was competing with a Ford Fiesta with 8 RF punch subs in the rear & the 2 amps Im still using here. His car was pushing out over 150Db & blowing out the front screen on a regular basis, & this was 10 years ago!

Nice i really want a good setup in mine but its just money money money sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I'm getting an induction kit on mine then a rolling road day in the up-coming months so fingers crossed with a good service i will at least be hitting 110hp at least haha

Nice arosa, love the seats biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> what gearknob is that you have go on?

IMG_0332Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Looks about as sorry for its self as mine a few weeks ago.

Give me a shout when she's done mate, a photo shoot is deffinately in order now shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Looks about as sorry for its self as mine a few weeks ago.

Give me a shout when she's done mate, a photo shoot is deffinately in order now shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

No doubt dude Im still waiting to experience your 9"s in the flesh (ooh-er!) laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

A little more progress today, we're at the 'stopper' stage so hopefully it should be in the booth tomorrow (car looks like its got measles!)...

IMG_0347Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0348Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0349Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0350Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0351Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I have no idea laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I went in for only a couple of bits to be done ended up paying only a little more & getting the whole car smoothed & painted!

Off the top of my head it was originally going to be £240 for the front bumper, but that was for it plastic welded (not fibreglassed). If you trying to get a rough idea of cost for yours, this will have been more expensive to do than a lupo one as Arosa bumpers have the extra mouldings on them that need smoothing.

No doubt dude Im still waiting to experience your 9"s in the flesh (ooh-er!) laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You can check out my gurth anytime cheeky.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":cheeky:" border="0" alt="cheeky.gif" /> paperbag.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":paperbag:" border="0" alt="paperbag.gif" />

You can check out my gurth anytime

is that an open offer as i'm game wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />