well ive started again

noddy

An ECU is an ECU at the end of the day how thats programmed is irrelevent as we do the A-B part which is all a wiring is fitting it is just a few bolts

An ECU is indeed an ECU with a few wires. However, ensuring it works with all the other ECU on the car and is compatable with all other systems on the car (ABS, CAN-BUS, the dash, the Xenons, the immobiliser etc) is where the clever stuff starts. Making sure VAG-COM still works with reduced functionality and the new bits (ie: most of the engine sensors, throttle pot etc) are transferred through the new ECU is not easy.

What about the fact that the Motec comes blank with only a few basic maps...nothing for the Lupo Gti engine? My car spent 4 days and (2 tanks of petrol) on the rollers being mapped and then further fine tuning for weeks after based on driving feedback from myself.

Not being pedantic but trying to say that it is not just plug it in and all is well.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right i have been looking at how much work i have to do on the car and i think i have to drop the charger for now till i have a working and drivable car so with this in mind i set out to finish little jobs that will make the car water tight and ready for wiring and mapping

so tonight i refitted the heat shelds on the zorst tunnal and then set out cleaning the wheel arch's as i wont be running the liner any more so i am under sealing them for extra pretection

i have ordered lots of odd's and sods that will move the car a long a lot so keep your eyes pealed for little up dates over the next few weeks wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by noddy1

• 2 weeks later...

well i got started on my engine bay tonight this is how far i got

DSC00158.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

this has taken two hours and there is stilllots more to come off

Polishing the engine bay, certainly original wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Looking good, lots of work though, rather you than me!

just stripping the sealer off then smoothing it off then paint lol

Edited by noddy1

I know mate I just messing with you! Although...... laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• 2 months later...

well i was thinking of rushing to get it to e38 but cash is tight so i would bodge things to get it ready so i have moved my deadline for it to be finished to UD 2008

it means i can get things done rather than sticking it together to just have strip it as soon as i got home and with the new deadline the charger will be on for it as well . biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i will still be at e38 just in the swift oops its the 2nd year that my car as missed it so next year i want some silverware to bring home to sit on top off my loo tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

i'm going all out and building a track day lupo with mine not a all out show car and wanna enter a few local hillclimbs for a bit of fun so looking at a cage wanna show the car so will have a half dash a smaller heater matrix and some fixed bucket seats and a few one off mods to stand out at shows and the supercharged 1.6gti lump

Snap mate!

Building mine to be a track day/hill climb terror that I can show as well.

We'll have a good chat about options at E38 and will (if they turn up) introduce you to some people.

• 4 weeks later...

well i have the bay not far from ready for prep for paint so have now started on the inside first i have to get rid of the sealer and sound deading its a ****** of a job but is great when you bang what you take out on the scales just with the tar of the floor and a little bit of sealer i got 2.4 kg out and theres lots more lol

23092007076.jpg

Nice one, the search for the ultimate weight loss regime. How are your fingers!!

there fine at the mo but the sealer gets bloody warm with just a hairdryer so i have to keep remembering to wear gloves

:lol::blush:

• 1 month later...

well i have got the bay ready for paint and give my gearbox first coat of paint to just tossing few ideas about what do you lot think to the black blue and grey combo give me your thoughts and the bear alloy will be all shiney :confused:

06112007146.jpg

06112007147.jpg

06112007145.jpg

Edited by noddy1

Nice work, should look really tidy when it goes back in :shades:

Not a fan of to many colors in an engine bay, how about most parts in satin black with silver and polished alloy bits where needed :)

Nice work, should look really tidy when it goes back in :shades:

Not a fan of to many colors in an engine bay, how about most parts in satin black with silver and polished alloy bits where needed :)

i am painting my bay audi aviator gray and keeping the car blue with a satin black and polished alloy so its should be nice and simple to look at :shades: