Adding some two stroke oil in tdi fuel tank, yay or nay?

Probably not the best idea, I reckon it would cause havoc with your fuel pump as the diesel is the actual lubricant for the fuel pump and then it could quite easily clogg up fuel filters and then the injectors... Also burning that two stroke oil would ruin the catalytic converter and probably build carbon deposits up on the inside of the cylinder..

So overall, no don't do it :)

On older diesels it was good for the pump, and cleaned the fuel system but don't bother on a PD.

so you think it would be good for an sdi?

you can run sdi's on chip fat and all sorts of recycled shite but it kills the pd engine, or so I am reliably informed. no doubt somebody will bust his ass to tell me i'm wrong!!

• 2 weeks later...

On older diesels it was good for the pump, and cleaned the fuel system but don't bother on a PD.

Lubes and cleans. Why not bother on the PD? PD is hardly new tech. On a 2010+ common rail I'd say leave it. If you google, it will clean any part the fuel touches including possibly where combustion happens, makes it quieter and some other bits and bobs. It wont harm the engine. Worst case it's a placebo.

I'm going to try adding 1:200 of 2 stroke. It has to be mineral and not fully synth. I will experiment and let you know how I get on :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I think it increases the cetane rating of the diesel , so you get a cleaner faster burn,

I always use millers diesel Eco additive ,you can buy it from the motor factors cheaper than halfords

• 2 weeks later...

So been running 2 stroke for a good few tanks and one tank inbetween without as a control. So on 2 stoke engine at 70mph in 5th is quiet. Super quiet. Without its hardly loud but it's not as smooth as it is with the 2t. MPG I've not really notcied anything different but thats because its been cold and my normal journeys and driving style has been altered. Pulse and glide :thumbup: . You also get a nice feeling its cleaning and lubricating your fuel system.

So less noise and you only need 150ml. I used 3-500ml for the first couple of tanks just to speed up cleaning but now 150ml is all you need. Put it in before you fill up and done!

I wrote a how to on performing a diesel purge. That stuff makes a massive difference.

Already done that. Didn't make a massive difference to noise in my car or power. Just gave it a little more smoothness. Actually I felt there was a touch more oomph as in torque but could well have been placebo.

I plan to diesel purge my car every x miles to keep it running nicely.

Already done that. Didn't make a massive difference to noise in my car or power. Just gave it a little more smoothness. Actually I felt there was a touch more oomph as in torque but could well have been placebo.

I plan to diesel purge my car every x miles to keep it running nicely.

I have a feeling that the reason it's made such a difference to mine is because it's never been done before. The car is both faster and smoother and vibrates a lot less.

Could someone explain, from a technical perspective, what the two stroke oil is actually doing?

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what is being achieved here, apart from Dblocks imagination getting the better of him ha

Could someone explain, from a technical perspective, what the two stroke oil is actually doing?

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what is being achieved here, apart from Dblocks imagination getting the better of him ha

Well since 2t engines don't have oil sumps like 4 strokes the 2t oil has to do all the cleaning and lubricating. So by adding the 2t oil at a small ratio of 200:1 you are cleaning the engine. Since all the detergents clean the engine and soot etc etc out. It lubes up all the fuel system parts like pump and injectors etc etc. Sulphur used to do this job back int' day but the biodiesel isn't as lubricating as everyone thinks.

Can even clean the egr with use. There have been engines taken apart with 2t oil used and the engine is spotless. Makes the diesel burn more completely so less black smoke. Possible gain of power and mpg. Other positive benefits are possible.

There are people who say well no cos this that etc etc but they never try it. It works. When merc used their new e320cdi to drive across China their diesel fuel tanker had a mix of 2t at 200:1. Apparently this is common knowledge for German taxi drivers.

But for me it definitely makes the engine smoother and quieter.