TV?

On 6n and even current Polo's you could get built in SatNav where the radio/CD go in. I take it that this would be a dead easy install for the Lupo. TV was optional on these I think.

If not, MKIV golfs used Beta and Gamma systems with the CD optional and SatNav with TV fitted in there.

Only other alternative is one of those fold out screens that fits in a standard head unit sized slot or a fold down LCD screen beside the rear view mirror.

On 6n and even current Polo's you could get built in SatNav where the radio/CD go in. I take it that this would be a dead easy install for the Lupo. TV was optional on these I think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My MCD SatNav

The unit you're talking about is the MFD.

I was initially going to go for this, but had fears about prying eyes. It also doesn't have TMC as standard (which would require another box), although it does have lovely colour maps.

These can be had from about £400 to £600 on e-bay depending on the version (G being the better one, but doesn't make a load of difference on the Lupo).

They are a piece of pee to install.

You can get an adapter (Dietz?) for the MFD to accept video input, so DVD or PS2 would be a good possibility. TV isn't a great idea as reception is reportedly poor without all sorts of stupid metal things sticking out from all over the place.

TV isn't a great idea as reception is reportedly poor without all sorts of stupid metal things sticking out from all over the place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is other arials you can buy which are very good.

I knew a dude with a Astra, with a Motorised Touch Screen.

He had a windscreen rubber arial, that you installed all the way around the windscreen under the rubber.

Worked very well.

As good a reception as I get through my Arial at home.

mines a 6 inch tele, flat screen LCD. I was thinkin about mountin it in the dash where the headunit and cd player are, but i would prefer it if i could mount it sum where quickly and easily removable.

• 3 weeks later...

i have one of these

MultimediaHU.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

got it from Ebay

mines a 6 inch tele, flat screen LCD.

Yeah but is it a double din unit, or a motorised flippy screen that pops out of a single din sized headunit?

aroassdi, thats a nice screen, like that. How much off ebay? New?

Yeah but is it a double din unit, or a motorised flippy screen that pops out of a single din sized headunit?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Id given up Andy rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

my other half got it for my birthday so i not sure ive looked and i thnk its around 350 ish

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not bad, and the blue lights match the Lupo too, although you have an Arosa but nevermind smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

you can get a really cool arial that you feed into the winscreen rubber.

Its a thin cable that goes around the whole screen, and gives a fantastic respection.

I cant find the link, but Ive seen them for £40.

You have got yourself a bargin at £350.

Whats the pitcure quality like?

the pic is super crap, i know but car is in the garage and i dont have a flash

but busy on the screen mounting still, its a fun bit of kit i must say MVC00114.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

will have tv/dvd/gps/games/mp3/everything_a_pc_can_do like etka, ODB11,

links to my home pc via wireless 801g network

ok a list ..

motherboard, its only 170mmx170mm

Screen, quality is amazing

Dvd drive, very small, but still need to mount it somewhere

Power supply, with engine crank, really neat

then there are a few other little things, bootable CF card with ide adaptor, keyboard mouse, memory, 801g wireless adaptor

what i still need to get is a tv/fm card, and maybe at a later date a video card, or sound card ?

its running XP, my front end is FRODO PLAYER brilliant bit of software, and with a decent SKIN its amazing smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I originally had the in car pc idea when I saw a mate on SeatCupra.net, Driveforward (Ian) fit a laptop to his car in the boot and a dvd monitor screen up front.

I thought I can do this, but it has to be small. Lupo small tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

So I enlisted the help of the Sneaky Russian! A chap who I work with also called Ian. He said get a mini ITX, so I got a 20gb hard disk, a Via Nemiah 12000 series board a wifi usb stick and used my original 7" in car screen. It worked, but looked Ghetto! and you couldn't see the screen. This was about 2 months ago. I visited Andi in Rotherham. Ask him, it worked quite well but the screen wasn't right.

So I then made the move and made a serial cable to connect my road angel 2 to the serial port of the mini itx. For sat nav.

I made a usb 2 cable, and mounted a usb 2 hub up front. Got a trackball mouse and a illuminated micro keyboard and a Logitech quickcam zoom webcam in the car.

I got a Lilliput 7" widescreen, that had a touchsreen overlay. now mounted in the dash!

I now have a 140G+ pci network card, a 7 db gain aerial and a parabolic reflector dish in the car for the ultimate in War Driving fun!

I have mounted the pc in the boot, under a false floor in such a way you can't hear it running or see it when you open the boot.

So far I have running:

- GPS

- War Driving / drive by hacking facilities

- DVD burning on board! yeah, full on rip, crunch and burn baby!

- Winamp, Media car DIVX and Video lan to play virtually everyformat around

- A sms based tracker for the car

- Vagcom permanently for constant real time engine stats and logging

- Update my road angel 2 in the car

- Running VB in the car to basically make any software mods I need

- PC on, by engine, button or remote power up by sms!!

- Mobile FTP server for use when needed

- Ipod in use as a lan attached media player and I can drop music on it from the house

Now here is the clever bit, I can use the ports on the pc to switch upto 8 relays to work anything in the car! By wifi and remote assistance! So I am working on opening my car windows for example at the minute.

I was so pround to have been the first on our forum to have got a mini itx pc in my car! it has come on leaps and bounds since I showed the lads at Stanford Hall. Clifford loved it that much we spent ages on msn so I could show him where to get the bits for him to fit one in his GTi too.

Pictures this weekend!

Edited by M1 Lupo

oh. my. god. that. is. amazing.

surprise.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprise:" border="0" alt="surprise.gif" />

I am so jealous of both of you Blackrat and M1 Lupo!

I don't suppose you could estimate how much it would cost to have the same done in another Lupo and how much work is needed to get it all going, M1 Lupo?

Edited by FunkyMunky