Swap my lupo front end for mk1 arosa front

bbro3

• 3 weeks later...

Dont do it, i was i die hard Mk1 fan but after a certain amount of time the novelty wears off and you start looking at the car and thinking 'christ this car looks old, really dated'.

Also, converting the front end would decrease the value of the car as opposed to vice versa. I was considering swapping my Mk1 front to a Mk2 but i just bought a Mk2 instead, its nice to have both.

do it if its what you want to do. doubt anyone with a lupo would want to swap their front for yours, but just source parts at scrappys. i also think the mk1 arosa is the best looking of the 3 but the dash board looks naff compared to the lupos.

Its not worth time/effort some people did this in the past mostly to hide accident damage, (As far as I am aware 3 conversions have been done) Your best bet is to sell the arosa and buy a cheap lupo.

If it's what you want to do - go for it and scratch that itch! However:

1 Check with your insurance company that it will be insurable after the swap;

2 Use second-hand bits and keep the originals - as the car may prove un-saleable and/or virtually worthless when you come to sell it with the conversion in place;

3 What are you going to call it - an Arupo or a Lrosa?

If it's what you want to do - go for it and scratch that itch! However:

1 Check with your insurance company that it will be insurable after the swap;

2 Use second-hand bits and keep the originals - as the car may prove un-saleable and/or virtually worthless when you come to sell it with the conversion in place;

3 What are you going to call it - an Arupo or a Lrosa?

LOL