What tyres for 15x6j G60's?

beng120

Hi everyone,

I've just bought some 15x6j g60 wheels on ebay to refurb and im just looking at tyres. I'm not too fussed about getting a major amount of stretch, but a little bit or just square sidewalls would be perfect. Certainly dont want any ballooning.

Also, any suggestions for brand/model of tyre? I've had uniroyal rainsports on a previous car and they were fantastic.

Cheers

Ben

• Like 1

I love it when people question the price of a product which is the only point of contact between them and the road

• Like 1

I love it when people question the price of a product which is the only point of contact between them and the road

if that was the case then why do tyres differ in price so vastly. A £25 tyre is still deemed as safe to drive on as a £60 tyre. I only question it as i wouldnt want to pay £50 a tyre just because they "look good on the wheels". When paying that much for something you expect a certain level of quality.

I wouldn't drive on a £25 tyre

neither would i, but was making a point. ive paid 50 a tyre before and it was worth it, but ive known people to pay that and the tyres havent lasted.

Good tyres don't last.

very true, but its finding a balance. I do quite a bit of mileage on country lanes commuting to work and it can get a bit slippery with even the slightest drizzle. really need something good in the rain that doesn't wear too quickly.

wouldnt a 195 give quite a bit of ballooning?

Nah they'll be pretty straight.

The Yoko S-Drives that came on the loop are still going strong, some good tyres last ;)

rainsports are good, but made of playdough.

just put some toyo's on the GTD, il let you know how i rate then when there done.

about to buy wheels with yoko Parada Spec 2's on.

i imagine they are pretty grippy