Quick question to gti owners

Jayystuart

Any chance someone can point me towards or post up a photo of a lupo gti spare wheel well if it even has one at all? I understand its smaller than other lupo derivatives due to the exhaust but i would just like to see how a gti should look as i have been viewing a local gti for sale, but i have a feeling it may have origonaly been a non gti shell.

Cheers Jay!

There is no advert mate, its through a friend of a friend, so when i lift the boot carpet what should i see? Is it still a circular hole? Its got my back up because the rear bumper dosent meet the rear quarters correctly, the quarters are thinner on both sides, but i havent had chance to look over the whole car yet. Cheers for the reply btw!

Jay

Cheers man! Appreciate it! I love the concept of a little, adequately powered car to chuck about. Off topic but has anyone put a bike engine or any engine for that matter in the back of one of these?

Jay

Not mine Rich, but I assume CDs.

Does it have the extended sills?

If it does, I think it's more likely that either the rear bumper has been removed and not put back on properly or it's been in a shunt.

Cheers for that mate it gives me an idea of what to look for, how shallow is the actual hole? Im also planning on getting under the back and seeing if any welding has taken place. I think i might agree with you that its been fitted by a cowboy, yes it has the side sills that match up to the arches well, i will have photos up later to show you all.

Just out of curiosity i googled the reg last night and it turned out it went to gti international 2011 and ran a 10.08 0-60 and a 17.769 1/4 mile, im no expert but thats slower than you woul expect isnt it?

Cheers Jay

If you think it's been in some accidents, take a magnet and check the doors, front wings and bonnet :)

Magnets no good on the ali bits is it.

Looks OK but I hope the price reflects the state of the body work or is it being sorted for you ?

And the camber on the front needs sorting.

Magnets no good on the ali bits is it.

Looks OK but I hope the price reflects the state of the body work or is it being sorted for you ?

And the camber on the front needs sorting.

No, but the lack of attraction shows that it is ali....different effect than the rest of the body.

3K, im not sure how negotiable he is, yeah the chap works for a bodyshop so he is sorting it all out for me, it wont be like that when i collect it, my only reservation is that its on 105k miles, how do these engines age?