Jade & Po the Little Black Lupo.

jadelauren

Oh just something of recent. My partners Saxo that he did up was featured in Februarys Scene Status magazine :) rather chuffed for him as it was his first modified car and took a lot of man hours. Just thought I'd share :)

http://www.scenestatusmagazine.com/SceneStatus/euro-saxo/

ordering a set of dice dust caps :)

dustcaps.jpg

Had a set of these VW anti theft locking dust caps as seen below but over winter and over 4 months they have rusted and had to prise them off :( Just a warning to other guys out there, I knew they were cheap but I didn't expect them to rust as bad as they did. Opting for plastic in future I think :) should of known better

kgrhqjhjeufelphgttibrg4.jpg

Edited by jadelauren

All the aftermarket metal caps that I've ever bought have seized and rusted on - with the exception of Richbrook caps. They are a little dearer, but at least they're quality....

• Like 1

Sorry my head's been up my arse the last few days so I've not been on here. Never managed to find the knee rests :( I i stumble across them though i'll drop you a pm to see if you still need them :)

Edited by Pete91

Sorry my head's been up my arse the last few days so I've not been on here. Never managed to find the knee rests :( I i stumble across them though i'll drop you a pm to see if you still need them :)

Its okay lol :) thank you

All the aftermarket metal caps that I've ever bought have seized and rusted on - with the exception of Richbrook caps. They are a little dearer, but at least they're quality....

That's what I'm finding. May have a loom at them Richbrook ones like you said

toffeewheel.jpeg
Meanwhile - this is what my Sunday has consisted of. Will take some pictures after I have polished her and finished completely as the rain has stopped the fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update as been having a tinker whilst it's not been snowing or raining. Got my dice dust caps delivered finally :)

dicedustcaps.jpg

And also had a tinker with the toffee wheel so did both sides of the car, then went over it with a little sticky remover and some elbow grease :)

drillfortoffeewheeling.jpg

toffeewheelingonthedoor.jpg

About a month ago when we had the snow a pheasant ran out in front of me so had to order a new set of headlights and front indicator surround. Also got my hands on a bumper cheap so in the mean time I created my winter pheasant killer bumper whilst my summer one is getting filled and smoothed :) not to everyone’s taste but makes me smile and keeps her in one piece!

jackedforzipties.jpg

zipties.jpg

frontviewofpoapril2013.jpg

rearviewofpoapril2013.jpg

Lots still to do! Machine polish next weekend I think :)

Car started to seize up on the gears this morning on the drive into work and clutch started to slip, got it to work and wouldn't go back into gear. Stu the AA man had to come and save me and tow me back home. FML! New clutch please! :angry2::surprise:

towinghomeclutchfailure.jpg

• 1 month later...

Look what I found!

D644019D-B054-4E39-A4A8-D45BDA8BF4D7-827

There's a couple scuffs on the metal that I noticed:

8A4D94BE-D26C-47F7-A41A-FD7E3CE4E93A-827

E571DB1E-C505-4ECB-AB3F-2BD2F40DB6CC-827

Lemme know if you still want them :)

Oh only just seen this! May take them off your hand if you still have them, shall message you when I have a few pennies :)

Mini update - made use of the bank holiday weekend and made a few changes :)

13640820.jpg

Finally got fed up of the red wheels and wanted something more 'me' so I got some tiffanys green 2pack paint for my wheels mixed up :)

This is the result!

12619732.jpg

55301520.jpg

We also decided to paint the other halfs car at the same time the same colour, whilst that was drying we machine polished the Lupo

85147769.jpg

52435404.jpg

52928904.jpg

lupoandmx5.jpg

We also started to primer the new grill and painted it black - haven't got a picture of it fitted as need to go over it wet 2000 and wax it :)

29706647.jpg

Edited by jadelauren

• 3 weeks later...

Recent picture of some beading

64711015289662923043613.jpg

Went to Yorkshire Modified Show last weekend with the GroundZero crew. Found a few pictures around which I thought I would add.

94712210152890661290436.jpg

93639010151432033776123.jpg

97226810152885004940436.jpg

Sadly the week prior to going the Lupo decided to break her CAT and constantly make an annoying tinkling noise. She then decided to reduce for 60bhp to 30bhp and pump out smokey sooty deposits so we decided we would attempt to fix her ourselves which was a right laugh to do ourselves at home. We got her on axel stands, detached the old exhaust from under the bonnet and eventually after 2 hours we got it free then got the new one on. Now she sounds like her normal Massey Ferguson self again.

60078310152873725305436.jpg

exhaustq.jpg

Next on the to do list is to flat back the front indicator panel which I've painted and lacquer it, paint the wing mirrors and then do my decal on the roof. Busy summer ahead!

Sdi down pipes are annoying.

I had lots of extension bars to get mine off. but i ended up taking the inlet off to tighten it up

Tell me about it, we tried to take off the inlet but couldn't be bothered to take the runners off so went from bottom up lol. Needless to say it took a lot of twisting, swearing and sweat :) but got there in the end. Wish i did it the inlet way now lol.

That mx-5 looks so nice, makes me want to buy one so badly aha

Thank you :) the other half is now chuffed haha :thumbsup: I'll never hear the end of it

Saw this on fb it was me said you need Em's interior! Coming along nicely :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Saw this on fb it was me said you need Em's interior! Coming along nicely :D

Ah hey Koop! :) You were right! I would love her interior but sadly she is asking way over what I can afford so sticking with mine until I become more wealthy again :D Thank you, glad you like it

Just an update on her progress;

Tried my hand at polishing the Lupo on my own without anyone looking over my shoulder :)

lxc0.jpg

z1hc.jpg

I had some left over paint from the wheels so i decided to colour co-ordinate a few bits inside my bonnet - I have cleaned the inside of the bonnet since then and painted my air intake pipe. I then decided it was time to tackle my miss matching wing mirrors so sanded them down and painted them to match too.

zmsd.jpg

is7z.jpg

Then one weekend I decided the Lupo was now low enough on the back so took the plunge and lobbed a spring off the rear and put underseal on the arches to stop them from rotting from where i rolled them.

k87s.jpg

46nf.png

6adf.jpg

nwmi.jpg

The other half treated me to a new set of front brake pads too as she is starting to sqeek :D

575k.jpg

Next on my list of things to do is to get her dint and crease pulled and painted hopefully before VW Fest and if I have any spare pennies then to get some hub centrics made for her ;)

Edited by jadelauren

• 2 weeks later...

Finally go the Lupo booked in for her dint to be removed the week before VW Fest! So hopefully will have her perfect ready for the show :thumbsup:

Last night's events - decided her crap boring wheel was enough so I ordered myself a MOMO boss of the interwebs last week and added it to the girl with her new leather MOMO Race 320" :) she finally looks and feels better.

I will add a few pictures of my old wheel as its fair to say it was a mare to get off and left in a right state now. It was not an easy job to remove the airbag. One side clicked off easily, then the second side took 40 minutes until I finally lost my rag and cut around the latch hole with a Stanley and a friend with a set of muscles stepped in to rip off

Next project part is to dissect the old steering wheel and solder the horn and airbag wires back in and join them up to the resister. The possibly invest in a little airhorn for her new tooter as the OEM one sounds too normal.

Hers a snap of her new wheel on

jhjr.jpg

fll1.jpg