Jade & Po the Little Black Lupo.

jadelauren

Well I thought it was well overdue with starting up some type of thread on my Lupo build due to the amount of tinkering she has already had done to her. So here is my forum on my little black Lupo and her build process :)

• Like 1

Sorry for the lack of photo's I started the thread on my iPhone.

I picked up the 1.7 sdi standard a couple of months ago, bodywork was a little scruffy but we can sort that out.

Quickly put some JOMs onto it.

lupo3f.jpg

lupo2.jpg

I saw Thoms wheels up for sale on wheel-whores and the dimensions are bang on. Car could do to come down a bit more all round but its going to snow this week.

lupo1a.jpg

Wheels will be up for a colour change shortly and some hubcentric spacers to bring the wheels out a touch. More updates soon. ;)

Edited by jadelauren
  • Like 1

Probably powder coating them a light blue then do some subtle things here and there and do some interior parts to match. It needs a few personal touches, a lot planned for this Lupo. Only early days yet! Its not our only project car at the moment though my partners MX5 has just blown up from too much boost. :paperbag:

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2180/56848456.jpg

Edited by jadelauren

Finally got some work done on Po, I braved the snow too and got rid of her rear window wiper and bunged it up :)

rearwindowbung.jpg

Also got rid of the bumper strips on both sides of the car and the sticky bits left behind. Mammoth task but finally got it sorted!

sidebumperstripsremoved.jpg

Next is to get the rear passenger side panel pulled out and a re spray (possibly rattled, possibly professional) of the bodywork and wheels and a few other little bits

Will lower her more when the weather is better and stick her splitter back on

Edited by jadelauren

• 3 weeks later...

Had a tinker with the arch roller this weekend, pretty pleased with the results. Looks better in person, pictures don't do it much justice. Excuse the daily muck, was at work at the time.

Below is the front D/S arch.

lupoarchrolled1.jpg

Edited by jadelauren

Look a bit silly I think :(

I know what you mean, the picture doesn't do it justice or the muck - sorry. It's because she has no spacers in at the mo due to lack of funds going into the other car so she has major tucking going on but with some 20mm spacers next month she should sit perfect :)

I have rolled the lips flat on the inside to stop scrubbing, finishing them off this weekend on the lips as good as I can. It was never meant to be perfect at its my first car I've tinkered with properly so still learning as I go along :(

As it was lovely weather this Sunday we decided to give the Lupo an oil change with some new 10 40 :) and a new oil filter to boot!

lupojackedupforoilchang.jpg

Needs a good clean in the engine bay!

lupoenginebayduringoilc.jpg

Draining off the sump.

drainingsumplupo.jpg

New oil filter :)

newoilfilterlupo.jpg

Also decided to tinker with the mazda as getting that back on the road next month too. All fun and games braying off the 1 seized brake on the rear with the other half.

Schdmit Modern Lines :P

winswheels.jpg

Tinkering with the rear calliper and brake pad :censored:

mazdarearbrakeseized.jpg

mazdarwarbrakeseizure.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update;

Hit a Pheasant this past week so had to order a new headlight :( thankfully it wasn't any of my panels but means I can get a decent set of headlights instead of my scratched tatty ones that came with the car. Also looking to order a set of these babies to fix into the Lupo :)

lupoaudittkneerests.jpg

I'm sure i've got tt knee rests kicking about somewhere that I never bothered fitting. I'll have a look around cos i'll probs never use them :)

Oh ace! You selling them if you still have them about? :)