Lupo GTI - Renault Turbines on!!!

davidelliott294

When are you puttin' the turbines on? That message has been in the title for a while now. What colour are you going? Will I get mine on first? Is it a race?

Just as soon as I have enough for Potenzas, last couple of months have been expensive so couldn't get the tyres. You will most likely have yours first and they will be staying the same colour (I think) not entirely sure yet.

I could just go buy **** tyres but I've had scary experiences with them letting go without warning.in the wet in the past.

IMG_20130223_105916_zpse2a8a26c.jpg

Sold the blue one to my little brother.

GTi is coming back out to play in the next few weeks .

When I took out a new insurance policy I got the blue lupo I cancelled my GTi policy to make it.cheaper so it is now £125/month for the GTi!

Brother isn't 17 until August so plenty time.to.get his car ready for him

Hopefully gonna pick up some coilovers and tyres for turbines for the gti before ultimate dubs

Sold the blue one to my little brother.

GTi is coming back out to play in the next few weeks .

When I took out a new insurance policy I got the blue lupo I cancelled my GTi policy to make it.cheaper so it is now £125/month for the GTi!

Brother isn't 17 until August so plenty time.to.get his car ready for him

Hopefully gonna pick up some coilovers and tyres for turbines for the gti before ultimate dubs

Have you got a spare seat in the gti? Ceebs taking mine

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updating this because I accepted a job offer today icon_e_biggrin.gif icon_e_biggrin.gif icon_e_biggrin.gif icon_e_biggrin.gif! So progress should be a lot quicker and hopefully have coilovers next month, too icon_e_biggrin.gif!

So a breakdown of what's getting done next month;
Brakes
Track rod ends
ABS sensor
Wheel bearing
Coilovers
Wheels getting tyres
Wheels getting fitted

Excited as **** icon_e_biggrin.gif!

Updating this because I accepted a job offer today icon_e_biggrin.gif icon_e_biggrin.gif icon_e_biggrin.gif icon_e_biggrin.gif! So progress should be a lot quicker and hopefully have coilovers next month, too icon_e_biggrin.gif!

So a breakdown of what's getting done next month;

Brakes

Track rod ends

ABS sensor

Wheel bearing

Coilovers

Wheels getting tyres

Wheels getting fitted

Excited as **** icon_e_biggrin.gif!

Congrats on the job :) what was it exactly you accepted?

Congrats on the job :) what was it exactly you accepted?

Got offered a job at a local factory which makes ready to eat snack salads and potatoes for Marks & Spencers. It's really good pay, £8.32/hour, which is good considering I am still at College full time. It is weekend shifts, 6am-2pm... Ouchy :(. It'll pay off with a healthy bank balance though. They may also have a full time position for me in Summer when College is out which is ++. I start next weekend :).

MOT and Tax is due next month as well^^ :rant:

Ended up on TV yesterday whilst I was on my way to my mates to take the helper out lmao.

http://news.stv.tv/stirling-central/214976-bp-tanker-drivers-at-grangemouth-refinery-in-strike-over-pensions/

haha awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Brakes ordered, ordered myself mintex discs and pads.

Gonna pick track rod ends, abs sensor and a wheel bearing up locally and hopefully get all this done at some point next week.

Coilovers ordered this coming Friday (12th) and tyres for the turbines will be ordered the week after (20th)!

MOT & Tax the week after that! :)

Couple of days ago I gave the car a good wash followed by de-tar and wax.

I used the autoglym de-tar stuff and autoglym HD wax.

After de-tar:

IMG_20130405_160919_zpsec232414.jpg

Waxing:

IMG_20130405_162001_zpsc428dde9.jpg

Pointless pictures but a thread is always better with pictures :thumbup:.

Got my Mintex brakes today and fitted them this afternoon. So much better to drive now! Warping was ridiculous!

IMG_20130409_154227_zpsa99b7724.jpg

IMG_20130409_154237_zps09cfc7ce.jpg

IMG_20130409_154244_zps42224c11.jpg

Rear brakes were pretty shagged.

This arrived a day early:

87a786a0a5d411e29ff222000aa8009c_7.jpg

Fit them this week. I've been taxed when i shouldn't be and pay is weird so unsure if tyres will be ordered this Friday. Hopefully they will be. :)

Really excited to fit them, been waiting for this since September when I got the car!

EDIT: Decided to buy cheapos because I'm not sure of I'm keeping the car after I turn 19. If I do, I'll probably upgrade to KWs.

Edited by davidelliott294