Lupo GTI - Renault Turbines on!!!

davidelliott294

Did you just go balls out and tow it with you and your dad?

Yes man, really illogical if an 18 year old can't legally tow a car imho so I just done it and it was fine :). Can't wait to get the Pedal Box fixed on it now! It isn't completed snapped as it still goes into reverse!

Waiting until my Dad gets the welder back and weld bits on to the sheer bolts to remove them in order to fix the blue lupo's pedal box so I can get on the road cheap. Insurance will be less than £100! Major difference to £300.

On another note the coilovers are wound right down and surprisingly not seized. However the helpers springs are still in so they will be coming out soon. Gave both cars a wee wash today and my god what a difference. Quite a few wee rusty bits on the blue Lupo that I should look into getting fixed. Can't wait to be low again but seriously... **** 1litres.

IMG_20130102_145444.jpg

PhotoGrid_1357136428630.jpg

IMG_20130102_141904.jpg

just no comparison :/ gti is far nicer

IMG_20130102_141828.jpg

IMG_20130102_135024.jpg

looking clean

IMG_20130102_133854.jpg

Bead!

IMG_20130102_133845.jpg

IMG_20130102_133828.jpg

In progress

IMG_20130102_125441.jpg

Edited by davidelliott294

Put your bathursts on the 1.0 :)

I will be dude but there is one small problem.. I'm gonna have to take a trip to upullit (£4 an alloy 4x4=16£ - bargain :D) to get 14" alloys cheap of a Polo or something as the steelies on the 1litre i'm sure are 13", i've not looked but i'm getting a feeling that they are 13" wheels and they won't go over the GTi brakes :(!

I will be dude but there is one small problem.. I'm gonna have to take a trip to upullit (£4 an alloy 4x4=16£ - bargain :D) to get 14" alloys cheap of a Polo or something as the steelies on the 1litre i'm sure are 13", i've not looked but i'm getting a feeling that they are 13" wheels and they won't go over the GTi brakes :(!

Yeah they are & they won't unfortunately.

Got pulled over tonight. Left hand side HID was out, was on before I left the house. Sigh....

Where do I start diagnostic? Swap ballasts over first?

I have VAGCOM...

EDIT: gonna open a separate topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Cat converter came off the Lupo tonight lololol. Went over a speed bump and off it came. Manifold then the cat, so no silencer or backbox. MEGA loud. Was funny lol. Got a video of it screaming it's tits off for the lolz.

Getting it fixed tomorrow!

And excuse the road rage, someone decided to pull out and do 20 in a 60 :@

http://s1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg576/davidelliott294/Lupo/?action=view&current=VID_20130123_203431.mp4

Lucky bugger getting your mitts on 2 Lupos :) best of both worlds. Looking very nice, love the blue but all were 1L's and I needed a 1.7 :( lol. Looking forwards to seeing the blue machine at a few meets and shows, keep up the good work! :)

You should be able to get the wheels off the coilies with a bit of camber adjustment - unbolt strut, pull hub towards you at the top, bolt back up, sorted. Failing that a couple of spacers.

• 4 weeks later...
What an angry day i've had today.
Made plans to take the helpers out my coilovers on the 1litre today.
Went to my mate Neil's and we got the car on axel stands.
IMG_20130221_111917_zps9d068ef2.jpg
Coilovers came off piss easy. Proceeded to remove the helpers, piss easy as well.
Put the coilovers back on and dropped it down and I had a fair bit of tuck..
IMG_20130221_190521_zpse5959d2c.jpg
Looked ****ing sick.
Started the car and tried to move it. Uh oh... It struggled. Rings & the springs are rubbing off the bathursts (ET 43 afaik).
So the plan was to then raise the car, jacked it up and the rings wouldn't move. Seized. lovely person. So, I then took a flaky and decided the helpers were going back in. So the coilover came back out and managed to put a helper back in. The problem came when we tried to remove the second coilover. Bolt & nut decided to round on us, think they might have been put on a bit too tightly :|.
So, one tyre was slightly rubbing off the springs and rings and the other side with no helper was mega rubbing. I then had to go fetch my steelies which i got with the car and put them back on.
IMG_20130221_164053_zps4cfa0ec4.jpg
Looks pretty good on the steelies to be honest.
IMG_20130221_164059_zpsa7eab9bd.jpg
Got a picture of the slant but it isn't very apparent in this picture, it is quite a bit lower on the side with no helper though SURPRISINGLY.
After all this was done I took a wee trip to the petrol station on Bo'ness Road, Grangemouth, to pump up the tyres. Upon entry I was represented with a massive scud. Front bumper scraped, shat it. Felt like a crazy mutha****a afterwards but 8-)
My drive is a proper mess and was pure shitting it thinking I wouldn't get the car up but I managed, just. Was scraping pretty badly.
To finish it all off, I think it has an oil leak at the gear engagement bit underneath the car. HAPPY DAYS
:|

Lucky bugger getting your mitts on 2 Lupos :) best of both worlds. Looking very nice, love the blue but all were 1L's and I needed a 1.7 :( lol. Looking forwards to seeing the blue machine at a few meets and shows, keep up the good work! :)

Will be at Ultimate Dubs :)

• Like 1