Stretch psi

sharpelupo

Hi guys and girls recently got new wheels and new rubber took them to a garage to get them stretched on went all fine they pumped them up put them on the car and they look quite flat but were at 33psi? There 165/50/15 on 7j wheels anyone got a rough idea what psi i should put in them?

Cheers guys

i run 7j 165/50/15

i had nankangs and ran 30psi and they didn't look flat. handled ok aswel

bridgestones. i had to run 45psi to make them look normal handles ok swell

i ran 35 for a day and they just lost all air phaah :)

my bridgestones lose air slowly have them on about 36psi but lose a couple a week or so

• 1 month later...

my bridgestones lose air slowly have them on about 36psi but lose a couple a week or so

Same here

I was under the impression that folk who ran stretch usually knew the person sticking them on? I didn't think garages were eer that keen to do it?

i didnt know the garage personally and theyer reputable and they still were happy to put my 165 on 7j wheels

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience some garages will fit the tyre onto the wheel but will not blow them up lol!!!! Ended up getting a machine at home, went 3 ways with my dad and brother to pay for it .... soooooooo handy to be able to whip tyres on and off whenever you fancy!

In my experience some garages will fit the tyre onto the wheel but will not blow them up lol!!!! Ended up getting a machine at home, went 3 ways with my dad and brother to pay for it .... soooooooo handy to be able to whip tyres on and off whenever you fancy!

I have thought about getting a tyre machine. But then think that's money I could be putting towards wheels :lol: