New Seat Leon - Thoughts?

starbank

Bloomin gorgeous.....................

leon05_rear.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

leon05_02.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

leon05_04.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

leonsidedesign.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

From reports in this weeks motoring press it would seem that this prototype is in fact what the actual production car will look like - albeit with a few cosmetic tweeks, so the windows should remain - it would look too much like the Altea with larger windows.

Cupra to have same turbo FSI engine and DSG as the Golf GTi - should be a touch cheaper too!

Love it, SEATs are really starting to look the part! Do you think theyll take post dated cheques? (Aug 2015 should do it!)

Im likeing that very much.

I agree with John, looks much better than the Golf, and I really like the Golf!

The interior looks great, love the Loop sport exhaust!

Seen one a few days ago, got to say, looks a lot better than the Golf, really turned my head (the Golf hasn't done that since Id seen my tenth one)

Still think its a little expencive for what your getting, but when your ownly dreaming of owning one, I guess that doesn't really matter.

looks 'fat'!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You just know its been a Brit couple that designed it, a husband an wife team.

If Seat have tweaked the mk5 golf chassis like they did wif the mk4 theyll be onto a winner as we all know the mk1 series 1/2 leon handled better than its cousin mk4 golf

For the money ull get more in the way of equipment and nodoubt itll be slightly lighter than the golf.

But if it was a toss up between the Golf GTI and that, Id probably pick the GTI as i really dont like 4door hatchs even if 2 are hidden

I agree - based on what we know, the interior quality/plastics of the Leon won't be as good quailty wise as the Golf GTi and in my book that means an awful lot.

I think Seat will have a job on to beat the ride and handling of the Golf this time too - whether it's the bog standard verison or tasty hot versions.