Debadging front badge

NameIsNotImportant

Hello again :)

I've been having a look around on how to debadge the front of my lupo. I can find plenty of debadged grilles and bonnet bra's, but nowhere can I find what I'm actually looking for.

Please, bear with me while I explain. On a lupo the front badge cuts up in to the bonnet right? So if I remove the current grille and insert a debadged one, there will be a small semi-circular hole in the bonnet where the badge used to go?

I basically want to avoid this, but I have no idea how. I just want the bonnet flat across grille instead of having a small hump in it where the badge used to be :(

• 7 months later...

Matt is that your Lupo there, with the moon? No offence if it is (I know you said it looks gash), but that really doesn't look good. Just looks so after-thought'ish.

I'd just stick with the front badge and maybe de-badge the back lol but up to you.

Doubt you'd warp the bonnet. The metal isn't that thin, it's just a bit thinner than the rest. It shouldn't warp it whatsoever and I'd be very worried if it did.

Edited by Skezza

Aha hell no it's not that looks horrendous! I was going by previous experience with welding, if you are welding then i would say DO NOT do a full seam in one go coz that would definitely do you in, although I have yet to weld it so obviously my info is limited :P

use a mig welder and spot weld the piece in to avoid distortion, grind the spots flat and apply filler to your liking. when spot welding you should end up wit the welds close together ie virtually joined up. weld so that you don't get the panel too warm

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was welded and smoothed, Just draw a template onto some card ( place card behind the half moon and trace ) then cut out onto sheet metal, i folded over the very edge so that it was twice as thick as i was only using 2mm steel. Then grind the welds smooth , fill and spray. Simple :) if you find my thread in members cars you can see what it looks like if you wish.