Castle Combe July 14th Clubstand

Club Lupo stand

Going to organise this again this year as we had a great turnout last year despite the rain.

Volkswagen & Audi Track Day ,

Organised by Volkswagen Driver and Audi Driver magazines

For owners and enthusiasts of all Volkswagen Group models ( VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda and Porsche )

Drive your own road car in fast lapping session on the race circuit, also demo drives and passenger rides from the UK’s top tuning companies, and driver coaching by an expert instructor.

Dedicated club / group track sessions by prior arrangement.

Lunchtime also sees a low-speed parade lap session for families with children.

Plus: Trade stands and displays in the paddock area, a Show ‘n’ Shine for classic and modified cars, Autojumble and Car sales area, Club displays and line-ups.

A great day out for all the family!

Open to public 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. (Advance pass holders / club displays and track day entrants admitted from 7.30 am)

Spectators more than welcome! Admission: £10 per adult, children under 16 free of charge.

Full details at www.autometrix.co.uk or call 01525 750 500.

Basically I need you to PM me your name and address, and I will order the passes and post them to u.

12 spaces available.

I'm going to be tracking my car this year - either a full day or just a few sessions - depends how much my service/MOT comes to, anybody else is welcome to join!

I'm also going to show and shine the .:R32 to see if I can make 3 wins at 3 shows :P

Will organise a place to meet in the morning nearer the time.

First driver briefing is at 08:30

LIST OF ATTENDANCE 4/12 (minimum of 5)

- BEP51

- ScottJohns

- sheepslupo

- Surferdude0702

- Emz - for the show and shine

Edited by BEP51
  • Like 1

If I have still got the car will be up for this :)

Cool, I need you to PM me your name and address, and I will order the pass and post it to u.

I want to come and show & shine the Arosa!! Need to see if I can get it off work :)

Competition! :P will be good to see you there.

• Like 2

r u bothing organising stand nw n

Nope, not enough interest, and ScottJohns had to pull out too. But if your tracking the car like me you can park in the main paddock area anyway.

Come over and say hi when your there, will either be with my lupo, or cleaning the blue mk5 R32 at the show and shine.

• Like 1

Nope, not enough interest, and ScottJohns had to pull out too. But if your tracking the car like me you can park in the main paddock area anyway.

Come over and say hi when your there, will either be with my lupo, or cleaning the blue mk5 R32 at the show and shine.

will do im still cumming should be a gd day

Show and shine -

There are trophies to be won, for first, second and third places.

Entries can also be accepted on the day, up until 12 noon. Awards will be presented at 4 pm

Our r32 is prepped as best as possible in the yard this morning, still needs loads of cleaning imo but weather didnt permit, will still enter tho, my track pass arrived for my lupo today, would be great if someone wanted to record a lap time for me to see how mine compares to trucido's track version!

Disappointed with the turn out. Only a handful of Lupo's and I didn't see any on the track when we were out. Although that does include my own as it was defiantly not track worthy. I was hoping to see a few Gti's running to see how they run/handle themselves on the track. Considering a change from the Sdi to the Gti but I may go for a Fabia Vrs (tdi) now.

Disappointed with the turn out. Only a handful of Lupo's and I didn't see any on the track when we were out. Although that does include my own as it was defiantly not track worthy. I was hoping to see a few Gti's running to see how they run/handle themselves on the track. Considering a change from the Sdi to the Gti but I may go for a Fabia Vrs (tdi) now.

The Gti is far far more fun than a Vrs but the Vrs is a much better all rounder.

Took my sport out for one morning session, first time on the track so my dad insisted that the instructor came out with me, but tbh he was more hindrance than help, mainly cos he made me reposition the steering wheel and my seat and then stole the rear view mirror from me so i felt blind! Had to go slowly on the straights to listen to what the guy was saying, The car went nicely tho, very very slippy tho - oversteer into corners and understeer out almost every time, ABS was coming in constantly. then i got black flagged as somebody told the marshals i was driving on a provisional wtf!?!? then they let me out again after i corrected them...

Show and shone the R32 but forgot to get a blue hanger for the rear view mirror to say we entered so dont know if we missed out on a few votes :P - tho it was near impossible to clean the car in the rain.

Going to be doing a full trackday by myself there as a graduation present in september, also doing a hillclimb near Plymouth in august.

Hopefully next time im out at combe it will be dry so that I can give it hell and see what it can really do! - will probably have removed the front helper springs by september to stiffen up the front a bit to try and postpone the oversteer a bit and hopefully corner a bit quicker!

Edited by BEP51
  • Like 1