Tigz new french rocket

Tigz™

Hi Alan smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cheers Si, thats put my mind at ease.

Its suppring to not be able to find any New car photos on the net to check against :shock:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does look a lot higher than mine.

Checking the springs, they are defenatly standard springs, still have the coloured dots they blob on them.

the shocks seem to have plenty of life left in them though so I dont think there ****ed.

Strange one really :?

• 3 years later...

It's been a while, but descided the times the time to get her on the road.

The Polo has to go, and as the Lupo may never see Tarmac again I've been craving going for a drive just to have a drive. The C3 doesn't really cut it!

The Renault has needed quiet a bit of work.

When I bought the car and drove it home it was clear the Rear N/S wheel bearing was screwed.

I'm supprised just how much of a pig changing that was.

The press at work is for Trucks, at one point it looked as though it wouldn't have the power to press it out!

Next was the overheating problem.

As these are prone to head problems, I was fearing the worst. Luckly it turned out just to be a corroded valve.

Brakes all round and some corroded exhaust mounts and it should be ready to go.

Gonna take it down for MOT this week one night, but should be ok.. So long as the car will get on the rollers.

Annoyed about my points, gonna cost me a grand to insure it on a classic car policy.

Not too bad though to say the Polo cost me £300 more than this!

So fingers crossed next week I should be enjoying 20MPG again LOL

used to love these especially with the chamade alloys on still love those wheels bring back the oldschool!

Edited by dubsy

Loving that mate and looks like a very tidy example, you just don't see these about anymore. Well worth getting back to be mechanically sound.

Cheers mate, I always wanted one back in my younger days.

I remember taking one for a test drive when I was 18 and it frightened the pants off me LOL

At the Renault weekend at Silverstone last year there were a couple of the parade laps from the Renault owners club.

None of them were a patch on this one.

Engine was the same as the Clio yes, but I think this had something silly like 2bhp more to justify the extra price.

Need some tyres, not sure what size is ideal though.

The standard size are a little too soft on the side wall.

I believe they do a fantastic Stage 3 N/A Upgrade :)

The interweb on my phone has been playing up all day, the site will have to wait until tommorrow, I may take a 'propper' look once/if the Polo goes.

I wonder if they'll fancy a trade LOL