tsi engine conversion

LupeCeeJay

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will come along, but this should give you some more insight into how big a job it is.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=70929

I'm sure you'd need custom mounts & drive shafts at least. 'bout time someone gave it a go though imo ;)

All it takes is a stylish bonnet hump, or hot rod stylee cut out :lol:

srsly though if that's true it's somewhat gutting & explains why it hasn't been done!

i think the mounts will be the least of your worries :lol:

basically, i dont think you have a chance if youre asking if you need new mounts. no offence.

Explain Marcus...?

It's possible the mounts could be the same depending on the design. It's unlikely they are the same but does anyone know?

Gutted just looks like too much work and i use the car on a daily bases, just heard from someone that a tsi engine would slide in without any changes... Was looking forward to turbo charging my car :(

I don't think anyone's tried it, probably not many folks with a lupo & a tsi engine lying around to see if it fits lol

If people ask these really broad questions I 99% of the time find the have no intention of ever fitting the engine,Ainu because if they did they would be researching dimensions etc etc and not asking questions like " will I need new mounts "

Secondly the people who don't have the talent but do have the cash will not be asking a forum of it can fit but telling a garage to make it fit

Tbh i only heard from the mot tester in my work place that it might fit, i wanted to check before i start researching about it.... And your are right, i only got half the money for the engine, but to keep it safe ill just add a 1.4 lupo sport engine since i use my car everyday to get to work, I dont want a big project..