Elliott's Seat Arousa ;D

Epick

Hello everyone!

This is my SEAT Arosa (the title is an attempt at humour not as spelling mistake :L)

Seatarosa.jpg

I really want to start modding as well as other users on Club Lupo (I want new alloys!) have but I am currently still at college and working 3 days a week aswell just to keep the car running nevermind insurance! I quoted a company to spray my alloys black.. £288 pounds and 4 days.. Sadly that kind of money I don't have lying around.

Seatarosagarage.jpg

Are you ready for my Completely OCD interior...

OCDInterior.jpg

A new gear knob is on its way, the previous owner always wore a ring and has destroyed it... the only thing left to fix inside..

Dubway.jpg

I fitted this on today... It was supposed to be white and I kind of messed it up placing it on...

Sorryfortheshakeypicture.jpg

Apolgises for the awful picture, but here you can see the exhaust tip which suprisingly makes a slight difference in the sound

Cheers everyone :), Love getting responses. JC sure mate, waiting for it to turn up at the moment :) as soon as it does i'll add it to this thread. Haha, MiiTCH it does sound pretty dodgy.. Gear Knobs... nothing else. I'm not the only gay in the village. Cheers Koop! nothing compared to the work you guys have done to yours though! :thumbup:

Cheers everyone :), Love getting responses. JC sure mate, waiting for it to turn up at the moment :) as soon as it does i'll add it to this thread. Haha, MiiTCH it does sound pretty dodgy.. Gear Knobs... nothing else. I'm not the only gay in the village. Cheers Koop! nothing compared to the work you guys have done to yours though! :thumbup:

Thanks mate i am looking forward to seeing how the knob goes on PLEASE NO MORE BAD JOKES I KNOW I WALKED INTO THIS ONE LOL

That's what I thought! Shop around or rattle can 'em mate ;)

haha Cheers guys, I know I thought it seemed expensive... but I don't trust myself enough to attempt to spray them with a rattle can haha.

CHANGING GEAR KNOB ON THE AROSA... It's possibly the most irritating thing i've ever had to do. Unlike the IBZA there are no screw to lightly remove the SEAT gear knob, there is a small metal goldish clip to which you place a flathead screw driver beneath and try to space out the metal to make it possible for the gear knob to come off.

STAGE 1

IMG-20120502-00019.jpg

STAGE 2

There are plastic clips in which you just pull the plastic holding the gaiter in place and they should pop out. In the next image you will see how many and where these clips are properly.

IMG-20120502-00020.jpg

STAGE 3

In this image you can see the gold clip which I referred to at the start of this post.

IMG-20120502-00021.jpg

STAGE 4

Pull the gear knob, this requires lots of messing about with that gold clip (loosing it) and pull.. hard.

IMG-20120502-00023.jpg

STAGE 5 (Finally....)

Sorry for it being sidewards... and voila... be VERY careful when removing the gear knob not to cut the gaiter.. but once removed i don't think you will be able to reattach so ensure that you need to or really want to change it. I have attached a new one which was 7.99 ... the gear knob is fantastic however the fitting parts are shockingly bad and it took about 3 hours due to fitting, testing, driving without a gear knob (as it fell off mid drive) and more testing.

Essentially once the original is removed follow the instructions from the new product, i'd advise to spend more rather than less. Otherwise you end up with 3 hours of irritating work and a very bored girlfriend.

IMG-20120502-00024.jpg

I'll upload a picture of my replacement soon, it looks ok and works but the gaiter can't fit/reach into the gear knob as for some reason the original Seat gaiter is quite small. I changed into 5th gear and the gaiter popped out the hooks so now I just leave it a little below the gear knob.

You shouldn't need to remove the big plastic ring in stage 2, the gaiter's elasticated at the bottom & should just peel off. You can reattach your gear knob once removed, you just need to tighten that gold clip up or it might pop off while changing into 2nd or 4th :lol: I used some carpenters' pincers which are pretty effective - something like this

14PINCERFAI.gif

If the new one keeps coming off you could use the clip off the old one to secure it?

No worries JC.

Yeah.. Koop I think you could of placed it back on but I had a girlfriend saying "i'm bored" and a flat head screw driver and a metal clip that was irritating me because it wouldn't come lose.. after the red/gold mist had gone the gold ring was knackered. I bought a 7.99 gear knob from Amazon.. I assumed this would be fine needless to say driving to Tesco's from college today and it decided to pop off. Which was nice.. Essentially the fittings on this cheap *URBAN X* gear knob were terrible. In my gear knob... fueled frenzy I went to Halfords and spent £30 pounds to have a Richbrook gear knob which looks alright, still the gaiter issues though. I'm about to post pictures :)

Koop btw, I need to compliment you. Your car's are orgasmic.

IMG-20120504-00028.jpg

IMG-20120504-00026.jpg

Here's the gaiter issue, go into 5th gear and the gaiter will move down. It isn't long enough, doesn't look too bad irl.

IMG-20120504-00027.jpg

i had to buy a new gaitor when i got my new GEAR knob , took it from a mk5 ibiza in the ol scrapyard ! youl find them in car accesory shops , i got a red leather one which is pretty cool ! ****ing murder to put it on the bottom plastic part that clips in when you remove all the leather

Koop btw, I need to compliment you. Your car's are orgasmic.

Haha cheers dude :thumbsup:

Got some new pictures today! :) Please bare in mind I am getting a sun strip soon so at least the front will look modded. It's winding me up that it is still stock at the front haha

car_mount_tor.jpg

cool_seat_countryside.jpg

dubway-1.jpg

And soon my signature...

Sig.jpg

looks like the gear knobs sitting too high for the gaiter, you could always fit a bigger one off a leon or something.

I binned the gold clip as its pretty crap, used a jubilee clip instead which did the job nicely.