My new wheels 8j-10j :D

dalef1992

o fuc* this im from yorkshire if your havein trouble understanding me ill create a yorkshire to queens English translator :-)

'ere tharrin't yorkshire cock ;)

My inlaws are from Yorkshire, they pronounce 'Bradford' with a T. Love it.

Haha o well we will see how it looks once iv done if it looks **** then ill change it ...its all about trial and error

How do you plan to reverse engineer massively flared arches ?

How do you plan to reverse engineer massively flared arches ?

cut them down and my mates dad is a panel beater/ custom car builder he will help sort this out he is helping me with all the car if not but a new lupo shell :D

Re shelling requires an iva test and probably a Q plate

Edited by scotty_82

Re shelling requires an iva test and probably a Q plate

Scotty sorry for a dumb question but whats the difference between an iva and an sva?

cheers

J

to be fair he probably needs the width to put down the power from that raging 1.0L.

do we have our self a 1.0l hater hear ? as iv sed some were before iv a 1.4s doin.nothing with 50k on n scotty all.would be done.official im.no.corner.cutter the work required will all.be done buy my.mates dad not a DIY

Iva is the new sva lupopo

Dale I think you type a little before you think.

Q playing a car will drop its value and make it harder to insure, so basically it becomes a super expensive mistake to make if you screw up this whole 10j on the rear with huge arches idea

Edited by scotty_82

do we have our self a 1.0l hater hear ? as iv sed some were before iv a 1.4s doin.nothing with 50k on n scotty all.would be done.official im.no.corner.cutter the work required will all.be done buy my.mates dad not a DIY

I have no problem with 1.0Ls. 12yans is a work of art and Adam R4's 1.0L is my favourite mk2 arosa on the forum... I do have a problem with horrendous bodykits, excessively wide wheels for no point, and pointless engine conversions. It's well know that there is no point in doing an engine conversion to a car that already exists because after depreciation, conversion costs and the change in insurance it just wont be worth it. Buy a 1.4 and ruin that one instead.

• Like 1

Ok scotty thankyou for the advice i was unaware that Q plateing changed so much in the car but iv got the 10s now so i.guess ill carry on.my little project with my.fingers crossed haha and what you.mean i type before i think :-) also so you think the 8s will fit under the front ?

and ministig that's a might fine hole you've got goin there

Okaii jabbles21 i see the point but i need some.work to.the side of.my 6n2 because of some one that could use there mirrors so its sat doin.nothing not gettin.used also can you post a link to the r4's your on about cheers

Put a ruler over the back of the wheel.

Measure from the mounting face to the ruler.

Measure the width of the wheel, half it.

Take the width/2 from the measurement to the mounting face.

That gives the offset

:)

Edited by ministig

Thats going to be a big job doing all your arches and the bumper to match, maybe think about new wheels for similar kind of money this will need? unless you think you can make it work then do it!

the bloke that is helping me do this is a A class panel beater and custom car builder so its basically a free job im just payin for material used and a few rounds in pub haha he is buying his son a lupo to do a simla build but with a hyabusa engine as that's the type of stuff he dose.. custom cars with bike engines for road and autograss racing

Your car, do it your way. I'd be interested to see it done. Get a build thread and keep everyone posted.

I think a lot of the hate is because everyone has read threads like this before, people saying they will do something and it never happens.

Peronally I think 10J is just that little too wide, but that me.

I'd be interested to follow the progress and see this 'custom' work your bloke does.

Alex