Rclick centeral locking system.

right everyone, can anyone shed any light on this... I know my keys to my car have codes inside of them, however, i want central locking, now i know the keys now become flick keys, and i can get them cut cheaply, but i was wondering what do i do in terms of codes? IE how do i put the code into the fob?

Here's the kit im going to order :

http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=399

Also what key do you think i would need :)

any help is appreciated :)

Kieran

A lot of people on here run right click sets. The code that is embedded into your key is actually inside small microchip. The easiest way to transfer it is to dismantle your current key, take the chip out, and place it inside the new flip key.

The kits are easy to wire in and a bargain, definitely recommend it.

A lot of people on here run right click sets. The code that is embedded into your key is actually inside small microchip. The easiest way to transfer it is to dismantle your current key, take the chip out, and place it inside the new flip key.

The kits are easy to wire in and a bargain, definitely recommend it.

Yeah get kit! Couldn't fault mine.

cool mate cheers, so swapping the chips is easy then with no problems? Ill give it a go :)

Thankyou ill order one once i know the parts ive sent out have been received :)

Kieran

yeah swapping the chip is easy if youre just careful you dont break or loose it. your kit will be harder to fit, as my car already had central locking, im not entirely sure what is involved in putting the full system in, but for the price i really cant fault them.

hope it goes well.

i have an rclick kit but the flick keys they have are pretty cheap after a while th ekey will get a bit loose and not sit nice and tight inside the case, what ive done is retrofitted th einnards of an rclick key into a cheap vw flip key, much better! takes a bit of work mind you as the circuitboard on the rclick set is largr than vw's so some trimming of the circuit board and trimming of the internal of the key is required

I read somewhere Timpson's would not cut these keys for someone? is this true? i went in there and asked if they would make me an extra key and they gave me a price and seemed OK with it but i don't know if they meant like they would only do certain ones? and also like HOW simple are the instructions and fitment on an already CL car?

This looks interesting, answered a lot of my thoughts you people have!...Might just make a purchase, if its just a simple case of swapping the chip and getting the key cut, along with the installation then i think it's gonna be my next mod!

Hello James, i have the problem with they keys at the moment, Took them to timpson and to my local hardware store, both would'nt cut them, saying you need a special computer operated machine to do it, however, this was just a small timpson in my town, i am going to a big timpson on wednesday, so i may be able to cut it their... but im not sure... Failing that ive got someone who will defonatly do it, But they want £20 :(

Kieran

Hello James, i have the problem with they keys at the moment, Took them to timpson and to my local hardware store, both would'nt cut them, saying you need a special computer operated machine to do it, however, this was just a small timpson in my town, i am going to a big timpson on wednesday, so i may be able to cut it their... but im not sure... Failing that ive got someone who will defonatly do it, But they want £20 :(

Kieran

the timpsons i went to had a sign saying "Car keys cut here" which i guess is that special machine, i even showed them my key... i dont wanna buy this kit then struggle to get the keys cut:(

I just put the keyfob supplied on my keyring without the blank key fitted and used the original key to save hassle.

Only problem I had with the kit was after a while the solonoid would work loose and occasionally not open the door. Id get in by using the key strip doorcards off re tighten everything and be ok again for a bit.

Having the same problems with getting the keys cut at Timpsons. I took mine to a local key cutter, but he completely destroyed my first fob so I didn't want him to do the other :rant: Didn't think it would be such a problem! Now to try and get that bonnet release off... haha

I just put the keyfob supplied on my keyring without the blank key fitted and used the original key to save hassle.

Only problem I had with the kit was after a while the solonoid would work loose and occasionally not open the door. Id get in by using the key strip doorcards off re tighten everything and be ok again for a bit.

This is a little worrying, I was going to get one of these kits & blank the locks off, not so sure now!

guys cut them on ebay, send them a pic of ur key and they cut a blade for you, simples, i done this the last time, because i struggled, but the first one they guy at timpsons done it for me and never charged me because he said he couldnt guarantee it,