Ash's LuLu - Centra's, US side makers & mk4 heated seats

Ashh

Been on the forum for a while now but never got round to making a readers ride because im ridiculously lazy and prefer to perv over all the other lovely motors!

Progress will be slow and steady as im currently saving for a month away in australia in august.

Mods ideally to be done by 2013;

Refurbish GTI wheels - In progress

New wheels - Unsure as of yet

BMC & intake

Budget coilovers

Strut Brace

Rear ARB

Arch roll

Finish audio install & boot build

Few more i can't think of, i'm sure i'll be reminded

Heres how she stands as of last night(filthy);

IMG_0295-1.jpg

IMG_0296-1.jpg

IMG_0297-1.jpg

IMG_0298-1.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Also started refurbishing my wheels yesterday, Only doing two at the moment but i think i've decided on white as the colour, as i like the look!

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

Comments welcome however may or may not be appreciated. Given the replies i have seen http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/paperbag.gif

Edited by Ashh

Cheers guys!

Yeah i was going to try black but i fell in love with white straight away!

Newton - I've just put my rear adjusters back in and found the front up lol, living low is hard :(!

Thanks for the positive comments guys! Good to hear!!

Double din is definitely worth it, it's a bit slow but does everything I want it to!

Haha sorry joe, my BB kept breaking so I bit the bullet and bought into apple :(

Ash.

This happened yesterday;

IMG_0315.jpg

Had to strip the custom one out, and replace it with the original! unfortunately i dont have a single DIN headunit so it's been replaced with this;

IMG_0316.jpg

The centre console is being given a bit of treatment but before i send it off i need to finish the fiberglassing behind the iphone mount, as it was causing this to happen when the heaters were on;

IMG_0227.png

All will be back in by hopefully 10th february!

is that ball thing an iPhone holder?

Nope, its a small speaker - Its actually really good quality for the size and price of it! it just sits in the tray snug and connects to my phone so it'll have to do

Ash

So today i gave her a quick clean and trial fitted two of the wheels that i've almost finished.

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

I used AG glass polish and megs glass cleaner and got this;

IMG_0320.jpg

Wheels off;

IMG_0325.jpg

Wheels on;

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

I'm quite happy with how they've come out, when they get worn i'll be stripping them back down and using my cousins spray shop to get them done for good.

Just need to finish the barrels of the wheels and tyres will be on and they'll be fitted for good.

Then its time for some rollin'!

Ash.

For some reason I really want white bathursts all of a sudden... they look sweet as fella

Cheers guys! Hopefully i can have them all done and fitted by next weekend! then its a case of getting stance sorted... providing this salt hasn't bugga'd my coilovers :( they look ruined

Ash

I <3 that colour

Thanks dude :D!

Finaly got the tyres fitted to the two that are complete and got the car sat on them for the first time :)

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

May need to raise the car a touch or roll arches, metal bar is the wrench that comes with the car :shifty:

I love them, just need to do centre caps and done!

Interior is now almost filled ready for some lovin' from Neil!

Ash

Edited by Ashh

• 3 weeks later...

Look really good ash!

Thanks buddy!

Well for the past week i've been without a car because of the most annoying problem with the Lupo i have experienced yet...

d7dec0ad.jpg

Oh yes. you knew. £350 later and its all sorted! There goes any items i was hoping to purchase this month! Althought i cannot thank Dale (lupoboz) enough, and think i and others on this forum owe him an awful lot! Top fella!

Ash!

• 1 month later...

So after a lot of changes in my life i've been neglecting poor LuLu.

Today saw her left in a carpark, filthy as anything and could not even see through the rear window, except where somebody had drawn a pretty flower in my dirt :rant: And numerous other 'drawings'.

So i took her home, and treated her to a clean, polish and wax!

Heres the results;

de2084b8.jpg

d3dd10c5.jpg

dc1be2f7.jpg

59f1120f.jpg

407fe1dc.jpg

Lovely and clean :)

Tried lowering the front a bit more, but my coilovers are seized :( any ideas?

Interior will hopefully be back this week sometime, can then get that all fitted and move onto the next mod :)

Ash