Mccrindle's silver loop, gone now cooper s

mccrindle

Hi all, owned my lupo for just over 10 months and thought it was about time I started a thread of my ride. Back in February I collected the car for £2500 with 40k on the clock,fsh, one owner on 53 plate. It's a 1.0 , but this should change within the next year or so!

Progress so far:

First off was the most important job, to replace the cambelt and water pump as there was no record of it being done and the car had just ticked over the 42k mark. So one afternoon me and a friend got the car in to his garage and fitted the cambelt etc.

JOM coilovers plenty left on fronts but pretty low

Audi 80 trims

G60's

Perforated leather headliner,parcel shelf,c pillar, boot liner

Gti black sun visors, grab handles, rear view mirror

Alcantara/leather mk2 Audi tt seats front and rears

Sony xplod ipod/aux/bluetooth and handsfree stereo.

Edited by mccrindle

Will take some shots of the car in its current form either tomorrow or monday depending on when i feel well enough to clean her. Meanwhile here are some pics of what i have done so far

Gti gear gaiter

ab3dffb3.jpg

Test fit of passenger seat, will get a picture next weekend when the fronts are in :)

674968c6.jpg

Happy new year all :thumbsup:

Edited by mccrindle

cheers pal! Well worth the money as they hug you when you sit in them :) As of yet they aren't fitted, thats happening next saturday but it's a case of cutting and welding the lupo bases onto the tt seats so they can go in the runners.

Jacob

Will take some photos of car tomorrow as I was feeling fragile today and weather not too nice either.

Front seats are getting fitted Saturday and will then be playing about to get the backs to fit.

If all goes well with M.O.T in a few weeks i plan to have the following things completed by either early edition or stonor:

Door cards trimmed

Sport lower valance &fogs

G60's on

And a full respray

Jacob (:

Couple of little updates.

Gear gaiter is now correctly fitted in regards to stitching.

Just received black gti rear view mirror

And tt fronts are being done tomorrow, so hopefully can then crack on getting the rear bench to fit. (will get pics tomorrow when in)

Plan over next month or so is just to have fingers crossed for MOT, get door cards re-trimmed to match rest of interior and then get coilies on :)

Jacob

I haven't attempted back as of yet, im awaiting some info on how to install rears, fronts on mk2 arent as straight forward as it seemed either, having some brackets made up as we speak for them :)

Thought i'd just pop some pics of what's been previously done. This is the head unit I have, a Sony x Plod bluetooth unit.

0097a3ba.jpg

Also swapped the rear view mirror over to match rest of interior.

a13e9af2.jpg

Jacob

Edited by mccrindle

Updates will be on hold for a few weeks as the money I had to one side now has to be used to get new mirrors as someone has booted them :(

• 3 weeks later...

Replacement mirrors will be here by the end of next week just in time for M.O.T :) Then its time to wind her down. I will get some decent pics uploaded in next week or so too. cheers jacob

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing special but just replaced my damaged drivers side wing mirror with a stubby one and cap on passenger. Coilovers on next week hopefully :)

Loving the work on this so far! Those seats are amazing, they sure look comfy has hell!

Was they expensive mate? They look to be in very good condition!

Should look great once you get the rears fitted too!

Keep it up! Cheers Gavin

They were a good price for what I got. I paid £500. There's slight wear to the bolster on the lower section of drivers seat. Apart from that they are immaculate. Thanks for the compliment :)