1.0 turbo?

H3NRY

anything is possible, will require im guessing a decompression plate along with standalone ecu, custom manifolds, basicly alot of work and money, wouldnt be cost effective. for a similar power output for alot cheaper you could do a polo gti lump.

Yeah I mean, sure there's the small Jap Kei Cars, with their 660cc engines, turbo charged, but these engines aren't the same as their N/A counterparts, they have forged parts etc..

A 1L engine with a turbo on it.. You'd need to get reinforced and stronger parts man.

Sure it's alot of money, and even more effort... but you know something, once upon a time I'm sure people on here said "You can't put a 1.8t 16v engine in a Lupo/Arosa".......

I'd supercharge, as you don't have to worry about mounting the turbo to the manifold, although you could only run a tiny bit of boost on the standard pistons and it would need a map.

it has been done before on simular cars (van aken turbo conversion on the old ka's) that was a bolt on kit that ran very low boost, made sod all power (20 odd bhp over standard) but was different.

but still, £ per bhp gain would be a fortune, its what a couple of hundred for a decent eaton, same again for an ecu, then all oil coolers... all for 20bhp, you could get a crash damaged polo GTi like so

http://www.copart.co.uk/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s1&lotId=27998541&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS#

or

http://www.copart.co.uk/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e2s1&lotId=26348331&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

and then all of a sudden you have 125bhp and all the gear to fit it inc brake upgrades...