Volkswagen UP! (3DSMax + Vray)

DarkStryder360

Haven't done one of these for a while due to doing so much of it for Uni, gaming catch up, seeing friends and girlfriend I neglected during uni ha, moving 300miles to Essex, starting a new job... excuses, excuses huh?

Anyway.

volkswagenup20131600x12.jpg

This will be a slow burner considering I will be doing the same thing at work, 9 - 5...

Edited by DarkStryder360

I <3 you're threads.

I hate the rear end of the Up.. I think it's the lights.. Are they off a Ford Transit van?! I also don't like the rear bumper, I understand they tried to mimic the front, with the grill shape groove.. But it just looks daft. Smooth it off? :D

I think a LCR splitter would change the front a bit, make it sportier.. The headrests too, they look massive? Maybe swap them for other ones, that just go over the top of the seat and down a little (Seen them in Volvos, Mercs, Renaults... Dunno what theyre called), just looks minimalist..

Oh yeah, and agrresive arches + banded wheels :D

Need any more ideas lol

Cheers guys!!

Awesome work man, had a look through your site, dude got skillz :)

Thanks much appreciated matey :wave:

I <3 you're threads.

I hate the rear end of the Up.. I think it's the lights.. Are they off a Ford Transit van?! I also don't like the rear bumper, I understand they tried to mimic the front, with the grill shape groove.. But it just looks daft. Smooth it off? :D

I think a LCR splitter would change the front a bit, make it sportier.. The headrests too, they look massive? Maybe swap them for other ones, that just go over the top of the seat and down a little (Seen them in Volvos, Mercs, Renaults... Dunno what theyre called), just looks minimalist..

Oh yeah, and agrresive arches + banded wheels :D

Need any more ideas lol

Ford Transit lights are beasting ha.. I will smooth it all off once its complete. Maybe too smooth.

Tried the splitter first before applying the standard, didnt fit - but then as you requested it, fiddled with it, cut it down, bent it ha... and its on. With the interior, that will be a last attack. Barely do ints, too much effort! ha.

'GTI style' arches and Bandeds will come! Thanks for all the suggestions!

3side.jpg

3rearb.jpg

Did more of the rear, top, front, side.. well bit more of all of it.

Test Exhaust :tongueout:

ive looked at quite a few pics and video's and the only thing that i can see being an issue in real life modding is the tailgate , due to it being glass the boot lock etc would have to stay.

Hmmm, true 'dat, about the boot.. I've just noticed, but the glass window part.. The corners of it reflect the angles of the tail lights. The stupid little "next gen" edge to it looks silly.. why not just stick to a 90 degree corner?!

Stoopid if you ask me.... *Goes off to sulk*

Cheers for all the comments..

3D Modelling sub-forum? ;)

I was surprised at when modelling the UP! that the Boot was one big obscuration band considering as mentioned the terribly named Seat Wii Mii doesn't, and neither does the Skoda offspring - Citigo - which actually looks pretty nice.

VW's Up looks the most modern of the lot though IMO.

i think the best thing that makes the Up! stand out is the rear quarter glass shape, which isnt just a square shape on the Up! but is on the others. makes i huge difference and makes it much more modern looking

• 1 month later...