little wing mirror.

DanGTI

just noticed today that my folks' 1.0 polo has a stubby driver side wing mirror (to match the passenger side) but eventhough its electric im wondering;

- will it be an easy swap (whats involved?)

- will it be the same colour!? (W reg polo/54 plate lupo - both silver)

its the same with alll loops and arosas , what it is , is that the drivers side mirror is slightly wider for the blind spot reducer , so if u get ur hands on the mirror on that side ordered in from europe u should have 2 small mirrors , it dont have anything to do with being electric mate

will be the same colour once u get part of it sprayed

um....yeah thanks. i know what it is.....what i probably shouldve explained better is that as i think the stubby driver mirror looks better so im thinking of swapping the stubby one from the polo to my lupo and vice versa....

but before i start taking things apart I just wondered if anyone knows if the colour wil be the same (it looks it) and if `re-fitting` the different mirrors to the different cars will be straight forwards.

Im pretty sure the first Lupos/Arosas came with a small drivers side as standard.

Dunno if the Polo mirrors will fit.

Have you a pic of the mirror head?

What I was saying to you Dan, is that the early Lupos came with a small drivers mirror.

So you could possably find a used mirror from a Lupo that will fit with no problems, if it isn't possable to fit the Polo one.

Didnt the first Lupo Sport's have 2 small electric mirrors?

`Lower-spec` models used to come with small drivers mirrors too.

As for paint colours, easiest thing is to check the paint codes, which are on a sticker under the boot carpet on each car. Reflex Silver is LA7W, so find where that is on the Lupo sticker, and then look in the same place on the Polo.

Went to a cruise meet in Lincoln last night. Got there and there was an 04 red Gti already there. Everyone was looking as I arrived as my car is quite well known in Lincoln and as soon as I parked a lad camo ver and introduced himself as the owner of the red Gti. Anyway conversation went something like...

Him "Hi, my name is ....., thats my red Gti over there."

Me "Hi, my name is Darren, did your car come with a small drivers mirror as standard?"

Him "Erm yes, I bought it like that".

Me I then explained myself and why I asked such a random question and we proceeded to talk Lupo for half an hour.

It is an 04 but he is the second owner. Maybe there is hope for us all if the late Gti's come with 2 small mirrors. Thing is he bought it from Dixon in Lincoln and I am not allowed in there anymore as you all know. Not that I ever want to go in that shower of crap of a dealers again anyway.

Btw...I pointed the lad in the direction of ClubLupo.

my 03 gti has a small passenger mirror and a larger drivers mirror. most lupos i see here at work are like that!

My '99 arosa came with stubby mirrors both sides 8) , and although mine arnt- you can get electricly opperated ones from SEAT. So try them, theyll be cheaper too!