James's GTD & Jetta - Still Alive..

James827

Nice Mk2!

Pretty sure I saw the Rapey earlier this week, but could be mistaken... That and another quite low silver Mk2, being hooned near Lobley Hill.

IMG-20121116-00201.jpg

Split a water pipe haha, quick fix and I was on my way!

IMG-20121117-00202.jpg

Started the big clean!

IMG-20121117-00205.jpg

the magic of the heat gun!

ima give it another go to get it better and to get some of the crap off it but it looks much better!

IMG-20121117-00203.jpg

Still gotta sort out the damp in the boot, Cleaned up the rear light seals, but im gunna take out the boot lining and properly dry it out and clean it up, maybe it will be dry then!

yeah, there's some door step trims on every door, and i cleaned in there yesterday to see if I could get it looking neater and although it tidier its still a mess of Rust bubbling, scratches, over spray? and grot.

the cars paintwork isn't to shabby apart from the Scuttle and boot lid which appear to have been rattle canned.

jacked up the car on the 'doughnut' at the front as I thought it was a jacking point, and it caved in, so I put it on the ramp and knocked out that rust, I then also had a whack around the rest of the car and found 3 more spots that are going to need attention.

im also missing a tank strap

and an exhaust hangar

:unsure:

So yeah, not sure what do do really.

This shells really showing its age and mileage. bit of patchwork here and there.

half tempted to spend a bit of money and buy another shell (best I can find) and just spend the however long between acquiring new shell and When the MOT on this one runs out getting it spot on, so when MOT time comes, I'll sorn this and then one weekend with a few mates, i'll just move everything across, and scrap the current shell. if I buy a 3 door I figured i'd make a nice bit of the body kit and possibly seats, and then a little bit from the shell ahah!

i'd have it 3 door, Red, Small bumper (driver spec, as the GTD came.. ish) :wub:

id even look into keeping the same reg.

lol hell of a project.

but, either way im gunna have to get some welding done to keep the car dry. so might put a 12 month on it and spend more time preping for a perfect re-shell.

time will tell. might take some pictures of the bit that caved in at some point aha.

MK2 OWNERSHIP Ladies and Gents,

MK2 onwership. :clap::glare:

haha, im considering it. I went to look at a 3 door to buy and Diesel convert. just needs paint (lol matte army green rattle can for now.)

he wants not much and its on coil-overs that have done like 100 miles max, its got SOLID wings and has Small bumpers with deleted side strips. he'll also include interior and what nots. the shell is patched up like mine, but as far as I know its been welded up and just left on his drive. (id doubly make sure its solid)

we shall see what happens...