LED Strip indicators... Flasher relay?

gavstar88

Since having my indicator panel smoothed off I've decided to fit some strip LED's into my grill.

Obviously they now flash double time so I was thinking about getting a new flasher relay that makes the LED's flash at normal speed... But I can't find the flasher relay?

Is it built into the hazard switch as that's clicking when the indicators are on but there's no relay inside it?

Anyone fitted LED's up front before?

Ant help is muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Gav

I'd love to see pic's of how you have layed them out please, its one of those mod's that is going to be cool subtle and work so well or seriously tacky, im really hoping for the first one and it looks subtle and cool.

Pics... :)

Started by taking off my debadged grille...

IMG_0138.jpg

This is how I wanted them to look whilst working...

IMG_0151.jpg

Hole points marked out with the LED strip...

IMG_0141.jpg

Pilot holes drilled...

IMG_0144.jpg

Then honed out...

IMG_0147.jpg

Handy Dremel proved invaluable ;)...

IMG_0143.jpg

Time to fit the LED Strips...

IMG_0139.jpg

All fitted nice and snug, ready for the silicone sealant...

IMG_0154.jpg

All sealed up and in place...

IMG_0152.jpg

How they look from the outside...

IMG_0150.jpg

Off...

IMG_0156.jpg

On...

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

I think they look slick as hell ;)

Not to put a downer on your project but i would be surprised if you could get this through an M.O.T firstly they look to be illegally spaced and secondly they are not e-marked lights so they have no obligation to pass them anyway. Regulations aside my judgement from years of experience with LED lighting on cars is they look totally inadequate as front indicators.

Edited by Unheard

if it fails mate find a sport bottom half bumper with fogs, take the fogs out so you are left with the glass and the bits the fogs go into, then cut the front off your old indicators and glue the back section to the foglight holders, its how i did mine and looks standard all the indicators are correctly spaced and have are e marked problem sorted

I was just giving you a heads up. They are illegally spaced that is for sure that is not my opinion check out the regulations for yourself. Even if you do pass an M.O.T you have to be so carful with insurance. Any little thing they can find so they don't have to pay out and they will.

Personally i don't care much for what you do but is it not better i say something rather than you going for an M.O.T thinking all is well and getting a surprise if it fails.

lol blue lights would be super stealth...how far Id get without getting pulled though I dont know :P

Got my load equalisers wired in yesterday so they now flash at normal rate...well chuffed :)

;D.

I'd love to see pic's of how you have layed them out please, its one of those mod's that is going to be cool subtle and work so well or seriously tacky, im really hoping for the first one and it looks subtle and cool.

Deffo cool and subtle, its hard to get a good judge on how bright they are off the pics , fingers crossed they pass an mot .

You could have saved on the load equalisers and hidden a bulb somewhere thats in line with the LED's. Heard the tip from a lorry driver who had the problem with some LED indicators he had. Put in a bulb in line and tooked away so you couldnt see it and it saved the need for anything else and was simple.