Number of GTIs in the UK

Snoopy

yeah book values on loops and arosas are silly....but they are desirable little cars. my standard silver GTI always gets attention and people are always asking about it. i dont think Ill want to ever get rid of it though. Even if I get something faster, more expensive etc etc the little loop is a special little motor
Completely agree :wink:

cheers mate, i think the dealer agreed as wel in the end after we had a nice chat on the fone about it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />!

Sorry to butt in but I thought I own a Polo GTI and wrote in to VW to ask about the numbers of Polo GTIs, they wrote back and informed me that the production numbers was 3500 of them, whether that was for the whole of the UK or Europe I'm not sure...

Can't imagine there would be that many Lupo GTIs around but then again they are still in production, having said that I see my Polo GTIs than Lupos!

Thanks for the info ye of unpronouncable username smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Maybe we could get some clublupo headed paper and write a letter. I'm thinking in the region of `2-3000`, maybe about the same as the polo, but I as yet can't think of a reasoned and intelligent piece of evidence to back this up smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Come to think of it i reckon the amount of polo gti's will be around the same as the lupo gti. As polo gti's are just as rare as lupo gti's in my book. Well in the north east they are. They have around the same performance, about the same cost from new. anyway it would be nice to know an official figure though.

it must be a regional thing! i think both the polo and lupo gti are a lot rarer up here in the north which is a bonus for me as you get some great looks off people!

payna you up for the meet on sunday 27th feb? silverlink?

QUOTE(bossjohnc)
Lupo GTI is rare everywhere I think - I certainly get some looks down here. Not nearly as many as when you see two or more together though!
i live in selby north yorks and there r two black gti,s and silver one and theres a woman who as a blue gti and her bloke has a r32 in the same blue so dont see them as that rare and i have an s theres a few sdi,s and 1.0,s

i live in selby north yorks and there r two black gti,s and silver one and theres a woman who as a blue gti and her bloke has a r32 in the same blue so dont see them as that rare and i have an s theres a few sdi,s and 1.0,s
Thats just where you live ( iappreciate thats how everybody judges it) I garantee the lupo is rarer

I wouldnt say they were rare around by me either, but I am sad enough to know where local ones live etc.

eg. Andy W is about 2 miles up the road from me, M1 Lupo lives around 6miles away and then there are 2 black non members i see going to work some mornings and also sum guy in a silver 1 too but he never flashes back!! There is a blue 1 and a black 1 in my gf's village and some looney in another silver 1 keeps racing my mates Corrolla Tsport and he thought it was me.

Rambled on there, sorry! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(carl16v)
QUOTE(bossjohnc)
Lupo GTI is rare everywhere I think - I certainly get some looks down here. Not nearly as many as when you see two or more together though!

Hey! another Selby Lupo! If you see a flash red SDi, with wider steel wheels (with new Polo trims) and 3 rear headrest - that'll be us!

Sorry everyone, but that was totally off topic...... ;-)