Number of GTIs in the UK

Snoopy

Anyone got any idea?

Tim's plucked a figure of 5,000 out of thin air, which I reckon is complete ****. I think there are fewer GTI Lupos around than VX220s (which is generally believed to be around the 1,000 mark).

As exhibit A, Autotrader has 27 GTIs up for sale nationally, compared to 97 VX220s.

Anyone care to comment?

Edit: and out of those 27 GTIs, mine's the 5th cheapest, and out of those 5 it's the newest, the only one with 6 gears, and the only one with Aircon. So buy it! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Interesting thread, to which I have no idea. In the early days of the forum matt did have some sales figures for a particular month that gave all sorts of data. If we could somehow find that you could at least come to a guess based on those figures.

My gut says more than a 1000, but not as many as 5000.

Thinking about it, how many colours did they do the VX in? If theres only 1000ish, that doesnt leave many for each colour. Means my limited edition run of 100 yellow ones isnt so exclusive now.

QUOTE(dazraz_uk)
For GTI sales figures wasnt it something like 300 a year will be produced so that should be around the 1200 mark shouldnt it?

out of those i reckon at least 20 have been written off too.....mmm....club exclusive is born!

Edit: and out of those 27 GTIs, mine's the 5th cheapest, and out of those 5 it's the newest, the only one with 6 gears, and the only one with Aircon. So buy it!
How come your sellin it?

I havent got a clue how many are in the UK although ive only ever seen 2 other gti's on the road, which must give some indication to its rareity.

Would be nice to know though :wink:

QUOTE(DanGTI)
will be interesting to see how the GTI's rarity will affect `re-sale` value in a couple of years.

possibly - maybe a bit like the corrado - although i don't think the loop will become as sought after as that. current residuals are ok, but dealers take the piss if you try and part ex.

yeah book values on loops and arosas are silly....but they are desirable little cars. my standard silver GTI always gets attention and people are always asking about it. i dont think Ill want to ever get rid of it though. Even if I get something faster, more expensive etc etc the little loop is a special little motor

QUOTE(DanGTI)
yeah book values on loops and arosas are silly....but they are desirable little cars. my standard silver GTI always gets attention and people are always asking about it. i dont think Ill want to ever get rid of it though. Even if I get something faster, more expensive etc etc the little loop is a special little motor

perhaps explains why i came back to a loop. i still feel the same way about the 'original' mini. :wink:

Yer talkin about dealers takin the piss ive got a 1ltr arosa up for sale on a 53 plate only done 3000 miles worth around 5k he offered me 3k i kno they have 2 make abit out of it but theres abit and abit :? . any1 interested lol?