About time too!

NOCK

I dont understand the fuss about young drivers being crap.

Personal expreince shows me that older drivers are the worst. Youve got people over 60 who just cant seem to judge speed of distance correctly and middle aged drivers who think they own the road.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal expreince shows me that older drivers are the worst. Youve got people over 60 who just cant seem to judge speed of distance correctly and middle aged drivers who think they own the road.

x2

It has nothin to do with that nock, I really don't give a Toss what you think to be perfectly honest.....

Well stop your whinging then. :P

Edited by NOCK

Rite, lets stop with the bitching and arguing about something that if you think about it in the long run is going to cost you money. Because when you eventually find a girl that will take you, get married, you get a house and live together your combined insurance costs have just increased, meaning you dont have the money for other things..... thats very haha now isnt it.

And nock, lett of the attitude please, I remind you now this is a public forum for whoever wants to use it, and the way you are talking to some people is against our T&C's as we try to run a happy fun forum.

The warning system has changed. Wont be too much before its bye-bye time.

John

Rite, lets stop with the bitching and arguing about something that if you think about it in the long run is going to cost you money. Because when you eventually find a girl that will take you, get married, you get a house and live together your combined insurance costs have just increased, meaning you dont have the money for other things..... thats very haha now isnt it.

John

Luckily there's no chance of that happening to me :)

completely missed the point :)

old people (when not driving the wrong way down roads) generally have very low speed bumps

women, again, low speed bumps in general.

Young lads, high speed ball of flame crashing through trees with your mate and a pair of young lasses in the back, thus one expensive claim.

See where I'm coming from? :)

And nock, lett of the attitude please, I remind you now this is a public forum for whoever wants to use it, and the way you are talking to some people is against our T&C's as we try to run a happy fun forum.

The warning system has changed. Wont be too much before its bye-bye time.

John

Thanks John.

My Fiat is cool......isnt it Nock? :(

:lol:

Lol, it's not like I hate them or anything, I can't even remember what I said, I think it was something along the lines of the Ferrari Abarth500 being such a ridiculous price for what is basically a Fiat, and I got shot down in flames by a few.

But even as a Fiat owner, I'm sure you'd spend the money elsewhere?

Of course your Fiat is cool because it's yours. ;)

Looks as though I've made a few members dislike me recently, oops :(

But I've been nice to you so at least I might have one <inbetweeners> Internet frieeeeeend</inbetweeners> ? :lol:

Edited by NOCK

In the long run, insurance almost levels out anyway, so we're talking a couple hundred pounds(?) when Mr. and Mrs. are in their late 30's.

However, at the begininning of one's insurance purchasing 'career', males get done over, so I'm glad that females will now have similar expenses to males at 17, as they certainly don't earn any less. At 17 the difference certainly isn't a couple of hundred pounds, it's often thousands more.

P.S. If that post appeared to feature any attitude then I promise it wasn't meant to, purely replying to your post with points for discussion.

Edited by NOCK

This ruling is stupid. Willingness to insure a driver is a gamble based upon risk and the premiums are set accordingly. If you're part of a group of people that are known to be the cause of a disproportionately high fault claims, then you should expect to pay more for cover. It's a well know fact that most high value claims are caused by male drivers and younger ones in particular.

Exactly what I said when this was being discussed at work the other day. Next thing you know it'll be against the law to charge younger drivers or the elderly more because it's age discrimination.

I do agree that it is unfair to have women only insurance companies but I certainly don't think it's unfair that our insurance is generally cheaper as statistically we are less of a risk on the road than men...

Statistically we are less of a risk on the road than men...

Correct, however I'd be interested to see how the male vs. female crash statistics for, say, under 25's as I can think of a lot more girls that have crashed in this period than guys.

The reason I say that is because the Under25's have the highest premiums and so will be most affected by the change.

If anyone knows of the statistics then I'd be very interested to see them.