Whats Cheapest And Best Ways To Improve The Speed of My Lupo?

LupoRich1992

Im 18 though engine swap, would probably put my insurance up by alot, and insurance on a GTI is quite abit, would a racing chip work?

I'd leave it, its a 1.0 lupo. Save you pennies and buy something faster in the future. We've all had to start somewhere. I have a GTI but I love driving my mrs' 1.0 :)

wouldnt do much to a 1.0 bud

Thanks...Damm, i wish i could do something to it to make it quicker, although i got my mates dad to do some drilling/boring of the engine, and now i can do 102mph, in the past it stopped working at 95mph...

Thanks...Damm, i wish i could do something to it to make it quicker, although i got my mates dad to do some drilling/boring of the engine, and now i can do 102mph, in the past it stopped working at 95mph...

On a private road I hope.

Note that those speeds were on your dials and probably very inaccurate.

On a private road I hope.

Note that those speeds were on your dials and probably very inaccurate.

Down the road/driveway of my uncles house so yep private...Haha not silly enough to do that on the road, i value my licence to much...even if the dials are inaccurate surely there would have been an improvement? would racing spark plugs help?

Tbh mate your pissing in the wind trying to tune 1litre. As ben said your best option is to strip everything out of the car to make it lighter. Your never going to get amazing top speed or acceleration out of it. But by all means give it a shot. A new inlet manifold, air filter, exhaust, spark plugs, remap. However for all that effort And money your looking At possibly a 10bhp increase may 15bhp if your lucky? Your better off making it look cool as out and build up your no claims bonus and then buy a faster lupo/car

Edit : and the dials on a lupo can be anything up to 7mph inaccurate.

We dont mean to be harsh and put a downer on things but it's just the truth.

Edited by AlexTRea

Tbh mate your pissing in the wind trying to tune 1litre. As ben said your best option is to strip everything out of the car to make it lighter. Your never going to get amazing top speed or acceleration out of it. But by all means give it a shot. A new inlet manifold, air filter, exhaust, spark plugs, remap. However for all that effort And money your looking At possibly a 10bhp increase may 15bhp if your lucky? Your better off making it look cool as out and build up your no claims bonus and then buy a faster lupo/car

Edit : and the dials on a lupo can be anything up to 7mph inaccurate.

We dont mean to be harsh and put a downer on things but it's just the truth.

No i understand and i value your opinion guys, as you have all most likely been lupo owners longer than me, and now a heck of alot more, i may do some tweaks etc, but keep the cost down and work on improving the sound system... B)

You could tune a 1.0, but it would cost a lot of money unless you had access to engineering skills and equipment.

Lightened and balanced crank

Lightened and balanced flywheel

polished and ported inlet\outlets

custom exhaust

better breathing

throttle bodies? carbs?

remap or chip to make best use of the above.

Would be interesting to see if someone could do a turbo conversion from one of the small Jap engines.

The list is endless, but as said it will be expensive as there aren't any off the shelf (that I'm aware of) tuned parts. With that sort of tuning you will also pay in the reliability stakes.

I say, keep it clean, keep it low and save your pennies for something a bit faster when your NCD builds.

You could tune a 1.0, but it would cost a lot of money unless you had access to engineering skills and equipment.

custom exhaust

better breathing

throttle bodies? carbs?

Would be interesting to see if someone could do a turbo conversion from one of the small Jap engines.

The list is endless, but as said it will be expensive as there aren't any off the shelf (that I'm aware of) tuned parts. With that sort of tuning you will also pay in the reliability stakes.

I say, keep it clean, keep it low and save your pennies for something a bit faster when your NCD builds.

Thank for the advise Silver...

Down the road/driveway of my uncles house so yep private...Haha not silly enough to do that on the road, i value my licence to much

Would someone who can add up like to calculate the distance required for a 1.0 to reach 102mph? :lol:

What work was actually done to the engine? Just ported the head?

Would someone who can add up like to calculate the distance required for a 1.0 to reach 102mph? :lol:

Maybe the guy lives at the end of an airstrip or in a castle :lol: :lol: :lol:

Takes me about 4 days :lol:

If it had been towed by an evo, i would have done a heck of alot more...lol, and my uncle lives in the countryside, to get to his house you have to drive down a massive road, but it only leads to his house, so thats why i said driveway, its not exactly but sort of is? If that makes sense?

Put some Red Bull in the petrol tank. It gives you wings.

*i've witnessed a lad actually do this at a RR day with a 1.2 Corsa and an otherwise standard car made an extra 6bhp over standard BHP figures.

custom exhaust

better breathing

throttle bodies? carbs?

This was/is the norm for A-series engines and nobody bats an eyelid about it.

Got to agree on the Jap turbo thing. Nissan used one on the Figaro and we're now seeing lots of manufacturers replacing 1.6 NA engines with blown 1.0 and 1.2 units.

The hurdle really is the £/hp thing, but it shouldn't be impossible to do. Go for it.

My 1.0 actually managed 105!

And it wasn't even bouncing off the limiter!

Shows what a good service and keeping engine healthy can do I guess :)

Friends road of course tho!

I'm not Stupid!