Weird Noise ! ! ! Almost Like A Hissing Whooshing Sound ! ! !

StevesLupoS

Just noticed this tonight, ive heard that the Audi/VW engines are quite ticky and make noises that would make other vehicle owners panic, but on our cars are actually nothing but tonight ive picked up on as mentioned in the title a hissy whooshy noise if that makes sense, it happens sometimes in every gear but mainly between 3rd and 5th between the rev range of 2000k and 3000k rpm, could anyone shed any light on what this could be, does it sound worrying, is something damaged etc etc

Info please... :confused:

Steven...

Edited by StevesLupoS

Mate its only started doing it though, ive also noticed in alot of threads guys opening their airbox and it full of gunk, would this maybe cause something like this to happen ? ? ? I know what you mean though, it does almost have the turbo intake sound without the "GO" ! ! ! lol

Mine does it when changing gears like a dumping sound, think its my bmc intake though!

It could also be the radiator fan...when driving it starts spinning and sometimes if it's worn it could make a owl like sound! :lol:

Been there done that...lubricate it away! ;)

Best thing is to stick your head under the bonnet and have a butchers :) rev from the TB and listen to the noises again and see where its coming from

It could also be the radiator fan...when driving it starts spinning and sometimes if it's worn it could make a owl like sound! :lol:

Been there done that...lubricate it away! ;)

this happened to mine, took me an age to work out what it was.