My Arosa S - conversion of sorts underway

Chrisbee

im still hunting for a cheap interior the same as this, i had "found" one for 80 quid but the guy never ever messaged me back after agreeing to sell to me. lovely person,

proper comfy seats prefer the shape of these to the recaros

there are quite a few that pop up on ebay of this type, its just getting them at the right price thats the thing (postage being the biggest expense)

I couldn't believe these ones hadn't been snapped up at the price they were going for as they had been for sale for a week before i'd seen them and he had no interest.

and your right they are so so comfy!

These seats are amazing! Love mine. Yours are in better nick too you jammy get :lol:

hahaha cheers bud, did you fit the rears too?

No they're way too big I'm having the rear bench cloth adapted to fit my rears like you.

They're Mk4 sports seats, often advertised as 'recaro style' on fleabay

No they're way too big I'm having the rear bench cloth adapted to fit my rears like you.

i've started pulling the stitching on mine, looks like it'll be a bit of a job as i think the golf rear seats have a deeper inset then the arosa ones. but we'll see.

They're Mk4 sports seats, often advertised as 'recaro style' on fleabay

was it the mk3 that had the same style recaro ones? as the mk4 recaros have different headrests.

Loving the work on this Arosa!

Great work mate you've done a very nice job on it!

Got to be honest, I'm well jealous that you found a brand new set of Starlite alloys!!! Cheers :)

Loving the work on this Arosa!

Great work mate you've done a very nice job on it!

Got to be honest, I'm well jealous that you found a brand new set of Starlite alloys!!! Cheers :)

Cheers bud, i almost don't want to put them on the car as they wont have that new freshness anymore lol!

• 5 months later...

P173301_23-08-12ed.jpg

P1612_23-07-12.jpg

Sadly this happend

P1724_11-08-12.jpg

P1725_11-08-12.jpg

caught out on a bend understeered tyre buckled and caught the rim on the tarmac.

Quoted £60 for a full alloy weld and repair so that was an expensive corner!

wheels are off the car for the winter and will get it referbished in the new year.

Look great mate... Should have come out the factory like this

What would you all spend your time and money on if they did?

Looking good dude, any pics of how you went about doing the rear seats? Still haven't got round to doing mine, yours look sweet.

Edited by Koop

Looking good dude, any pics of how you went about doing the rear seats? Still haven't got round to doing mine, yours look sweet.

Cheers mate, theyre not 100% right but if you or you know someone whos handly with a sewing machine theyre easy enough to do as you just have to cut the middle section out and join it all up

I didn't take any pictures though as all i did was cut the foam i had someone stitch the seats back together for me.

You will need to reshape the side of the seat base to match (as i only discovered this after i had finished).

Everyone whos sat in the back has said how comfortable they are to sit in which is funny.

• 1 month later...

Cheers mate just fitted a rear anti roll bar the other day and **** me its fun to drive now lol

It hasnt cost too much no as i get all my parts from dale off here as he gets a heavy discount. the most expensive of the lot were the o2 sensors.

I have found using oem parts saves alot of hassle as alot of the non genuine bits either don't fit right or not at all so it does save alot of hassle.

I'm currently designing a "low profile" lower sturt brace to suit lowered cars as mine was torn off, so watch this space.

love the seats. one question tho....... how to you get the cap for the coolant bottle off with the strut brace in place?

You don't lol! the brace does unbolt so it'll give you enough space to get the cap off.

Its off at the moment as i'm working some magic on the engine cover, stay tuned...

Great work, love this! Will now be on the hunt for those seats! How were the seats to fit it.. Was it a straight swap?

the fronts where yes, had to grind a little bit off the base but nothing major.

the rear seats have been mounted to the original seat bases so they fit as standard.

Fitted a rear anti roll bar and its true what everyone say! get one!!!

• 4 weeks later...

P173301_23-08-12ed.jpgP1612_23-07-12.jpg%5DSadlySadly this happendP1725_11-08-12.jpg%5DcaughtP1725_11-08-12.jpgcaught out on a bend understeered tyre buckled and caught the rim on the tarmac.Quoted £60 for a full alloy weld and repair so that was an expensive corner!wheels are off the car for the winter and will get it referbished in the new year.

Why a weld? Just need blasting and coating to me! Never pay 80quid for one wheel! My refurber is 30quid for one wheel!

• Like 1