My Arosa S - conversion of sorts underway

Chrisbee

thanks everyone, fitted led sidelights the other week, i'll post pictures tomorrow.

I got my battery cover from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vauxhall-battery-cover-saxo-c1-c2-c3-/250925260893?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a6c4fa05d

if you contact the fella and tell him what design you want he'll do it for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Long over due an update!

been doing alot of little things on the car but this weekend managed to fit the coilovers (between the rain!)

Me and my brother set the coilovers to the lowest setting as the rears sat so high.

low-1.jpg

P203401_05-06-12.jpg

P1743_05-06-12.jpg

Looked great but was catching on the front arch etc, plus the lower strutbrace was about 1cm off the ground!

So a day later managed to get it adjusted to a more acceptable hight, while they settle in.

low2.jpg

P1549_06-06-12.jpg

P154901_06-06-12.jpg

once the new wheels are on i'll see if i can drop the front a little more.

although the ride is pretty bumpy the handling is miles better!

P1409_11-05-12.jpg

All set to be fitted :D

wiper.jpg

Fitted a golf rear wiper arm, had to be modified to fit as the blades are way to long.

Wheels go on in the next week or so then a few other jobs need doing.

Edited by Chrisbee

Mad rake on the first go there :lol: Looks much better level, reckon you could go somewhere in between for a wee bit of rake & it'd look swish

• Like 1

Could you not have just pulled the bulbs out & popped them on the existing ones? :paperbag:

Could you not have just pulled the bulbs out & popped them on the existing ones? :paperbag:

Sadly not the holders are completly different fitment from the lupo, even tried rewiring the plugs but it was so fiddly they just broke apart lol so i ended up wiring in an adaptor.

once the new wheels are on i'll take it to my mates for a little photosession :D

Long over due an update!

been doing alot of little things on the car but this weekend managed to fit the coilovers (between the rain!)

Me and my brother set the coilovers to the lowest setting as the rears sat so high.

low-1.jpg

P203401_05-06-12.jpg

P1743_05-06-12.jpg

Looked great but was catching on the front arch etc, plus the lower strutbrace was about 1cm off the ground!

So a day later managed to get it adjusted to a more acceptable hight, while they settle in.

low2.jpg

P1549_06-06-12.jpg

P154901_06-06-12.jpg

once the new wheels are on i'll see if i can drop the front a little more.

although the ride is pretty bumpy the handling is miles better!

P1409_11-05-12.jpg

All set to be fitted :D

wiper.jpg

Fitted a golf rear wiper arm, had to be modified to fit as the blades are way to long.

Wheels go on in the next week or so then a few other jobs need doing.

Cleann! Lovely :)

Can sort you out on set of starlites if you please? Any colour you fancy

Cheers bud, already got a brand new boxed set waiting to be fitted :D

Oh yeah, forgot about that!

Got a fourth wheel for mine, gonna get re-furbed but thought id let new owner choose colour!

Oh yeah, forgot about that!

Got a fourth wheel for mine, gonna get re-furbed but thought id let new owner choose colour!

they had it in stock then? i knew it didnt sell. you should stick them on your arosa :D

• 3 weeks later...

Time for an update folks!

found a rediculously cheap golf gti interior local to me so off i went to pick it up.

Who says the arosa boots too small!

P160301_17-06-12.jpg

P1602_17-06-12.jpg

This was a fun challenge but we managed to get it all in and home safely!

after unloading them the strip down began

P0054_18-06-12.jpg

P0203_18-06-12.jpg

P0254_18-06-12.jpg

P1708_19-06-12.jpg

the lambar support wire snapped (common issue) so managed to find a brand new replacement for a skoda octavia that fit perfectly (gotta love vag)

P1511_23-06-12.jpg

P1750_18-06-12.jpg

once it had all been repaired and covered had been washed it was time to put them back together

P1826_18-06-12.jpg

P1836_18-06-12.jpg

anyone who has taken the seat covers off before will know how red raw your fingers are after!

fitting them was easier then expected, they fit into the runners fine but i noticed the seat belt mount was catching when sliding, so nothing a little bit of grinding didn't sort out

P1912_23-06-12.jpg

P191301_23-06-12.jpg

P1913_23-06-12.jpg

definatly worth the hassle due to how comfortable they are over the standard seats. i would get quite bad back pain on long drives from the old seats but these ones are perfect and hold you in place when throwing the car into corners.

the rear seats have been stripped and washed, just having the covers restiched to fit the standard seat forms, so that will happen in the next few weeks.

Edited by Chrisbee

im still hunting for a cheap interior the same as this, i had "found" one for 80 quid but the guy never ever messaged me back after agreeing to sell to me. lovely person,

proper comfy seats prefer the shape of these to the recaros

These seats are amazing! Love mine. Yours are in better nick too you jammy get :lol: