Abarth 500....

rh203

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few mates have tried em, not heard one bad thing about them mate

Only bad thing that I can think of is the badge really. They look fantastic, and go like the clappers!

They aren't that fast really, dunno how tuneable they are though

Saw a 5 door arbarth fiesta before (i lol'd)

0-60 in 7 seconds is EXTREMELY fast in a small Fiat!

I love them, I have to be honest.

A bit pricey I guess but then again the GTi wasn't exactly bargain basement when it was new!

Had a look at one in a dealership and the finish and kit with them is quite impressive...looking for something small, fun but better on fuel than the lupo so I can use it for work every day once i start again. Thought about a cooper S but sort of put off the R56 ones...they seem a bit like a small BMW or something, more than a mini.

Insurance on an Abarth....I wonder :confused:

0-60 in 7 seconds is EXTREMELY fast in a small Fiat!

It's about the same speed as a lupo.

Seen one of these on track last year and wasn;t atall fast in comparison to other cars on there (mix of road cars and track toys)

Insurance on an Abarth....I wonder :confused:

£569

Edited by Bickerton

Seen one of these on track last year and wasn;t atall fast in comparison to other cars on there (mix of road cars and track toys)

Yea but was it the SS version or the standard Abarth. Standard is around 130 bhp and the SS is 160 ish I think.

There's also a Ferrari version... a few selling on pistonheads for £40k plus!!!1

Yup, but it's quite a bit taller, and whilst I've not driven one I don't know how much confidence inspiring they are for a driver.

They might handle better than a Lupo, I don't know, I'd have to drive one to make that comparison as 0-60 time means quite little until you've driven the car.

Yea but was it the SS version or the standard Abarth. Standard is around 130 bhp and the SS is 160 ish I think.

There's also a Ferrari version... a few selling on pistonheads for £40k plus!!!1

That i'm not sure tbh.

Don't get me wrong, i would happily have one.

Just depends if you are after a nippy daily or a fast car, this to me fall into a nippy daily

Saw one on Autotrader at £40k - bonkers! I quite like them but if I'd £40k to blow on a motor it wouldn't be on a Fiat.

I remember a thread on here where a mod threw his toys out the pram as people were slagging off Fiat (it was a discussion about the Abarth 500) and sticking up for VW - don't really know what he expected on a VW owners' forum :rolleyes: .

They aren't that fast really, dunno how tuneable they are though

Are you delirious?

blink.gif

Have you seen the standard power of them? Claire's mum has the Abarth Esse esse (170bhp), it goes like stink and has bags of torque for such a little car!

As for the tuneability have you seen the special edition Ferrari one, 200bhp+ out of a 1.4 turbo which doesn't have completely stupid service intervals.

Are you delirious?

blink.gif

Have you seen the standard power of them? Claire's mum has the Abarth Esse esse (170bhp), it goes like stink and has bags of torque for such a little car!

As for the tuneability have you seen the special edition Ferrari one, 200bhp+ out of a 1.4 turbo which doesn't have completely stupid service intervals.

I wast aware there was an ss version of them available so based my speed of them opinion on the normal arbarth

Yup, but it's quite a bit taller, and whilst I've not driven one I don't know how much confidence inspiring they are for a driver.

They might handle better than a Lupo, I don't know, I'd have to drive one to make that comparison as 0-60 time means quite little until you've driven the car.

might handle better? a bloody ford model T handles better than a stock Gti.

All I can say is that I want a 500 abarth soooo bloody much. Im waitin till they hit around the 10k mark tho.

[

Edited by 2001gti

Only bad thing that I can think of is the badge really. They look fantastic, and go like the clappers!

And whats bad about a fiat? all I can say is that ive had my panda 2yrs and other than the fact I have to change a shocker nothin has gone wrong with it.

Ive had two Vw's which have resulted in serious problems costings 400+

Edited by 2001gti

A panda 100 and and a 500 abarth essesse are both high on my list of cars I want. Admittedly it's quite a big list but I love them both. :D

The abarth would be great if it was sub £10k. The only issue I have with it's current price tag is you could pick up a 5.0 V10 Tdi Phaeton for the same money :wub:

might handle better? a bloody ford model T handles better than a stock Gti.

I think that a standard GTi handles really well actually. It is certainly more fun to drive than a TT.

And whats bad about a fiat?

I'm not going to even start a debate about Fiat because it's only going to result in Fiat or ex-Fiat owners getting shirty with me.

Fiat make some nice quirky cars, but for me, that is all they do.

And whats bad about a fiat? all I can say is that ive had my panda 2yrs and other than the fact I have to change a shocker nothin has gone wrong with it.

£400 + :o:lol: - you're 'avin' a giraffe surely? That's peanuts.

What's bad about a Fiat? They're **** basically. NEVER trust Italian engineering - my Ferroli boiler's giving me enough grief as it is without considering one of their motors. The only other piece of Italian equipment I have bought, an Indesit washing machine, was a disaster as well.

Edited by treblet