maximise a lupo 1.4 s 75bhp

Leaning'z Lupo

hi guys,

i have a lupo 1.4 s, and want to maximise the power out of it, turbo's, superchargers, whatever..

it needs to be done for the end of january,

does anyone know good websites to buy superchagers for them? or anything along them lines

thanks

The easiest way to gain power out of the 75 BHP Lupo is to sell it and buy a GTi.

The question has been asked a million times and the answer is always the same.

Or...you could do a 1.8T BAM conversion but from what I've read it's a lot of work and very expensive.

Edited by NOCK

i want to maximise a LUPO 1.4 S nothing else :)

and isnt their anything else i can really do to make it seriously pack a punch? ( not running NOS )

From what I've read each BHP costs a lot of ££. I think it's Mitchell who has one on throttle bodies and that is extremely fast. No idea how much it cost him to set up though.

Edited by NOCK

Ive researched the throttle body route myself. For a decent kit you are looking £2500, shrick cams around £1000, exhaust £1000, rolling road set-up & remap £200+

Wow! So the best part of £5000 then :wacko:

I think a BAM conversion costs around £7000 from what I've read though so throttle bodies are a cheaper route.

Search for 'mitchells' readers ride, I know there are a couple of videos of his car in action, and a picture of his rolling road results which are as smooth as a baby's bottom! I was very impressed when skimming through it a few weeks ago.

Edited by NOCK

Just a quicky, how remappable are the stock ECU's as i don't see alot of info on aftermarket ones like Omex/emerald being used, i mean can they be mapped to run bodies/chargers/turbo properly or not?

I'm by no means an expert but I've read the word 'megasquirt' quite a few times.

Pending on what throttle body kit you get, some come with a 'race' ecu which is mapped to match the throttle bodies. It would still need fine tuning to run with the shrick cams though

How can an ecu be already mapped for the throttle bodies, it may have a base map but its impossible to map something for a car they know nothing about.

For 6k just go and buy an evo or subaru lol far more bhp for your money, And it already comes with suspension, brakes etc etc that are matched to the power.

Upgrade suspension, tyres and brakes first.

see i've searched for these, especially suspension, but cant find anywhere for my model,

i want coilover kit, but their all for the GTI and not for mine :( any help?

Would defo need a new ecu, as far as im aware mitch is running omex and he did most of the labour himself and he still cost him an arm and a leg

But thats not a 1.4, so theres no-one whos done everything thats being talked about in this forum so I dont think you'll ever know what power output to expect.

Take it to this garage in sheffers and see what they say to you, but remember theyre going to want you to spen all your 6 grand with them so dont take everything for face value.

Will have to put some money aside for the rear axel conversion and brakes, so id have a look on the search bar and see what comes up with that

Sam

Why are you so sure on spending £6k on a 75bhp lupo? you should look into a 1.4 sport (100bhp) or a 1.4 TDI, could spend £1k on a TDI and most likely have it faster than a 75bhp petrol you spend £6k on. But thats if your set on having a 1.4, if not get a GTI, Don't understand why you would limit yourself to a 1.4 75bhp.