lupo 1.8t 20v conversion

parv

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome, however can i ask a few questions?

How far is the sump of the floor? (looks really close)...

Have you cut back the chassis on the drivers side?

And how did you go about working out where the mounts were to go on the subframe prior to welding (which im sure i sold you)...

Ive had experience in building custom stuff, as in the past i built a 2.0 16v fiat seicento.. but your making it look way too easy!!

Edited by Asbo

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome, however can i ask a few questions?

How far is the sump of the floor? (looks really close)...

Have you cut back the chassis on the drivers side?

And how did you go about working out where the mounts were to go on the subframe prior to welding (which im sure i sold you)...

Ive had experience in building custom stuff, as in the past i built a 2.0 16v fiat seicento.. but your making it look way too easy!!

hello...

sorry for late reply... too many christmas goodies keeping me busy from project. lol right... back to it.. :) i have definetely cut the chassis both sides, but this was because i wanted to make cambelt and clutch changes easier... rather than taking engine in and out... sumps low but good enough height, snow makes it look low, its something you have in mind when driving on bumps and stuff... lol

now working with the engine mounts was a bit of trial and error and abit of calculations... mocked it up and then done final weld. oh and believe me there were days where i wanted to kick it and am having them still. lol

ps.. subframe was from you :P

Edited by parv

• 3 weeks later...

Lookin the part now buddy how did u get on with Ur wiring harness?

the wiring harness is still not done.. sort of thinking of making it my last job... the engines been fully rebuilt now, so should be putting it in on the weekend, going to respray the engine bay today and tomorrow. hows yours coming along?

Not to bad Iv found a new lease of life with it been doin little bits here and there carbon vinyl wrapping a couple of things fixing odd little things that were broke or annoying me lol bits of paintin inside Coilovers n stuff not alot really

Not to bad Iv found a new lease of life with it been doin little bits here and there carbon vinyl wrapping a couple of things fixing odd little things that were broke or annoying me lol bits of paintin inside Coilovers n stuff not alot really

blimey.. carbon wrapping? whats that? lol i've broken so many things along the way so far... :( not good! haha.. i get the subframe tomorrow from powder coaters and finished one side off the chassis rail... going to get more pics over weekend.. you going any shows this year?

I dunno yet Iv got a little girl 7 n half month old Si she takes alot of my time lol

Its a carbon effect vinyl have a look in my three on members cars Iv put pictures on there buddy

blimey... the carbon sheets are pretty good.. might consider it later on.

i know... i'm kinda pleased with my self considering the budget :) nearly there! lol

How much has this all cost you out of interest? (If you don't mind me asking)

Looks very impressive mate, the orange works well I think.

Can't wait to see it back on the road! :P

Jake.

How much has this all cost you out of interest? (If you don't mind me asking)

Looks very impressive mate, the orange works well I think.

Can't wait to see it back on the road! :P

Jake.

no.. not at all mate.. here to help... :) so far i can't think at the top of my head... just need to be patient with the right parts though..

Edited by parv

this weekend.... not the best.. windy and cold lol

sprayed engine bay...

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

powder coated subframe...

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0493.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

everything going in the lupo.. :)

DSC_0501.jpg

thats me ...

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0510.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

its getting there... slowly but surely...

Edited by parv

• 4 weeks later...