Changing rear badge

Loophole

get a screwdrive on the rubber part that presses up againt the bodywork, and leaver agasit the plastic bit of the badge

or use sting etc and work you way down between the badge and the bodywork

Screwdriver? Keep away from my paintwork, mister! :shock: wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Dental floss, slip it behind the rubber ring (`oo-err`) and wiggle it about - takes about 10 seconds to cut through the adhesive, and no danger of any damage.

I didnt mean leaver it away on the paintwork tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

but if you press it betweent the plastic and the rubber part of the badge, it split easy, as ive done a few, and some are more difficult than others

i've changed all my gti badges for mk4 golf 25th anniversary ones, better script, but had to mod the front one, as its designed for a grill with slats and not honeycomb. got black vw badges front and rear, they are from german army vehicles!!!! look sweet tho!!!

rear black badge part no 1j6853630a041 10.94 inc vat

front black badge part no 1j0853601a041 14.44 inc vat will require a little m0odding tho

See part numbers thread.

Just bought black badges and the front one fits straight into the Gti grill with no modifications what so ever.

Thought I would make life easy for ya all.

Yeah I've taken the badges off the boot lid on my Sport - none of them leave holes, although the big centre badge sits in a recess which I've yet to get filled.

Essentially it's just stuck on tho, so maybe a bit of hairdryer action to warm up the adhesive as well as some cleaning stuff afterwards should sort it out.

The new badges are like the old old badges GTI_red_I_badge_fadd.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

UK 25th Anni badge:

emblem6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

US 20th Anni badge:

20thannibadge.jpg