Forced Rat Cars

LiamD

I kinda like some "rat" ish looks the BMW drag/scrapper thing is ok and the porsche but I wouldn't be able to drive or touch was as I don't like the feel of rusty or sand paper it makes me feel sick xD :paperbag:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thats golf is amazing :)

How do they get the panels to rust like that?

The mk1 Golf is just old and rusty, the bodywork hasn't been touched.

If you wanted full-on rust like the mk3, then you just paintstripper all the panels and wait for the weather to have its way.

The mk1 Golf is just old and rusty, the bodywork hasn't been touched.

If you wanted full-on rust like the mk3, then you just paintstripper all the panels and wait for the weather to have its way.

Ah yea sorry I emant the modern cars lol

Ah i seee, was never sure how they did it lol

Rat Cars

The Infamous Beemer;

bimmer.jpg

donept3.jpg

threeqs.jpg

redefined.jpg

Other good ones;

40788_146624882031661_118071674886982_366266_3916526_n-1.jpg

coolcab.jpg

img4111fe6.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

24.jpg

32.jpg

34.jpg

1795080220_26f55dcbd8_o.jpg

2819586287_f29fec5a46_b.jpg

76-1.jpg

37.jpg

94-1.jpg

SQD_0004.jpg

SQD_0021.jpg

And not exactly "Rat", but none the less, one amazing project. E21 with a E30 front end?? MMMMMMmmmmmm :P

1280587447740.jpg

Oh thats golf is amazing :)

How do they get the panels to rust like that?

First it was paint strippered. Then DA with 40 discs to get the rest off. Mix up some hydrogen peroxide, salt and vinegar in a squirty bottle. Hit the car with that and you literally get instant rust. Its only surface rust though so you have to keep topping it up. Once its been on for a few weeks it'll start to look more like 'real' rust. First it'll be really bright orange but after a while it dulls off.

This was about 2 mins after spray

IMG00064-20110215-2226.jpg

Then this was a few days later. Really orange.

IMG00093-20110301-1237.jpg

And then about a month later

IMG00156-20110423-0746.jpg

If you left it it to mother nature would take ages!

i love certain 'rats', but as any car, needs to be done correctly and thoughtfully. it takes more effort than just a decent set of wheels and coilovers- which a lot of car owners think is 'euro'

each to their own, if everyone liked the same stuff, life would be extremely boring!

i would expect that to fail its mot for excessive rust surely.......

I wouldn't have thought so, the rust is just surface deep, as long as it's not munched it's way through the sills, chassis, subframe or the like there's no reason why it shouldn't pass an MoT test.

yeah im serious, i suppose i see the irony, but way to **** up a good car, i mean i would expect that to fail its mot for excessive rust surely.......

Rust isn't an MOT fail. Its only an MOT fail if its somewhere structural and its a hole.

Who said it was a good car? I bought it as an engine conversion, just happened to have a few months MOT and tax on it and I was redecorating my flat so I needed something to do tip/B&Q runs in.

I love how people always assume I ruined a good car. Not taking into account it could have been a **** car from day one.

Rust isn't an MOT fail. Its only an MOT fail if its somewhere structural and its a hole.

Who said it was a good car? I bought it as an engine conversion, just happened to have a few months MOT and tax on it and I was redecorating my flat so I needed something to do tip/B&Q runs in.

I love how people always assume I ruined a good car. Not taking into account it could have been a **** car from day one.

uRM... A harsh mot tester can & will fail for excessive rust as 70% of the car is rusted, i too agree it should'nt fail if structural points have no rust however i have seen cars fail when rusted like this, basically... its his ticket on the line, & if he feels it doesn't look roadworthy he can fail it, you can of course contest it, But is a vosa inspector really going to side with someone who has a 70% rusted car.... i doubt it, had one of our friends fail for the same reason. rollered it with b&q gloss got the pass & stripped it back off.....

I assumed it was a good car because most mk3's are.... they get a bad rap from hater's for no real reason