AP coilovers

kayla :)

The lupo is driving sky high at the moment, she needs sinking abit!

I can't really afford top standard coilovers but looked into getting a set of AP's.

Any opinions if they're any good and worth ordering? :rolleyes:

Due to an immense speedbump at work I'm only going to lower her about 40mm, then will slam her for shows hopefully.

Any help good or bad would be most appreciated :)

Kayla x x

I've heard nothing but good.

You're best off putting it down a little bit, then raising it/lowering it until you can get over easily.

Run APs for a year, awesome things.

Ride quality is good, its hard but not unbearable, easily do long trips with them.

Build quality is pretty damn good, havnt cleaned them in all the time Ive had them and I can still twist the fronts up and down by hand.

I've read nothing but praise for the APs for the Fiesta. Quality build and with a two year guarantee to boot!

As ever, there will be those that bemoan the fixed rate damping, but balls to 'em, we aren't in the market for that.

For a 40mm drop though, I'd just go for a good spring/shock set up.

How do AP Coilovers compare to KW V1? As they are quite a bit cheaper to buy, but I think look so much better (they are blue rather than yellow).

How do AP Coilovers compare to KW V1? As they are quite a bit cheaper to buy, but I think look so much better (they are blue rather than yellow).

The KW have inox, which means they won't corrode, anything else will.

I think the APs and Weitecs are set up for non-GTis, or closer to them, as V1s come in GTi and non-GTi.

I think the APs and Weitecs are set up for non-GTis, or closer to them, as V1s come in GTi and non-GTi.

Okay, I'll get saving for the KW's then. Thanks.

not all the KW ones are inox stainless steel. The Basic V1 and Basic V2 kits are galvanised steel so you need to make sure you're getting the inox version of these kits..

The AP and Weitec coilovers are set up to work with both the Non-GTI's and the GTI's the KW's were the same many moons ago, with only one set of V1's available for all lupo's. Shortly after, one of the top Development guys at KW Fahrwerk decided that the setup for the GTI could be made even better with just a few bits of fine tuning and minor re-development. :) A damn good job they did of it too!

Also Wietec now do a GTI specific kit, I just found out this morning! It's on their website, but nobody seems to stock it yet. Not sure what the difference is over the normal Hicon GT's but I imagine it's more finely tuned for the GTI like the KW V1's.

P.S. Has anyone had experience of a GTI on normal and GTI specific V1's? Was there much of a difference?

I'd agree with the above :)

I've tried a non-GTi with GTi specific, and non-GTi specific coilovers, and the non-GTi ones were 1,000,000 times better.

Mark

Interesting. I am considering the upgrade to GTI V1's, just wondering if it would be worth the extra £££. I also would like better ride quality :unsure:

May be best trying to get someone with a GTi on V1's at a similar height i.e not Phil, haha.

Hard to compare other that side by side.

just had ap's fitted to my gti last week - awesome ride and handling - nothing but praise for them :)

good to hear as i've decided to go for the AP's too, just gotta get saving now :coffee:

xx

look at my thread, i've not gone that low on them. Still got the adjusters in the rear and its wound up about 10mm on them

very smart car B) ...your in northampton arn't you? don't think I've seen you about yet!

the height of your po is pretty much what I want for everyday as it goes, far too many speedbumps at my work and in my village! ..then for any shows I end up going to (if I ever have the time!) I'd like to drop her right on her bum :lol:

Kayla x