Gti Exhaust

McBeardy

Hi Guys,

Currently own a Lupo Gti, just trying to source a cat back exhaust for the vehicle, found a few suppliers, although just wanted feedback frompeople who currently run them. I dont want anything to boomy, just slightly uprated sound, yet i also want to the twin style tail pipe. Any ideas out there or response would be great on Janspeed, Basturk, Sciorpion, Milltek, or custom made?

Thanks Brad

Your best bet may be a custom made exhaust to suit your needs , alot of people up norf use AAS exhausts , ive had one or two done by them and know loads of others who have never had a bad word to say about the quality of their work.

Basically you tell them what style you want , what tail pipes and they can even make it suit whatever noise your wanting to a point as well.

Yeah you may pay a bit more of a premium for this but sometimes its worth it.

i have the janspeed one, im not sure on the tip diameter though. i looked at getting the bastuck one but apparently the bore size is bigger than the standard gti and you can lose some compression, so i was advised by KamRacing to get the janspeed. Its absolutely freakin sweet. sounds almost standard on cold start up, but once warmed up and you've "stretched the cars legs" ;) it sounds absolutely brilliant. I love it, actually stopped me from listening to my music for most the time lol. Only thing is the exhaust needed some minor bending in order to get it lined up right with the tailgate recess. check my vid out, although its not the best recording of the sound as music in back ground. Kam Racing also offered a great price and some discount for CL members :D

where in the uk are you brad?

custom chrome in nuneaton warwickshire,will make you a custom system

mine is a stainless single box system with a letterbox tip,cost £320

sounds lovely and it not over bearing at motorway speeds

on more highly tuned engines the Bastuck will be fine. If the car is close to standard on performance then the bore will be a bit too large and the pulse tuning will be out reducing the gains from the system.. If you want one of these pm me and I'll sort out a good price for you.

Janspeed will do alternative tailpipes to the 3.5" one which is the standard but this will be more expensive as they basically mass produce the 3.5" system then change the tailpipe on request.. I know that they definitely will do a 2.5" twin and we sell this on our site as an option.

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.php/volkswagen/vw-lupo/exhaust/exhaust-systems/janspeed-catback-exhaust-system-vw-lupo-1-6-16v-gti.html» Janspeed exhaust

I will check on the 3" tomorrow and will add it on to our site if they will supply it..

on more highly tuned engines the Bastuck will be fine. If the car is close to standard on performance then the bore will be a bit too large and the pulse tuning will be out reducing the gains from the system.. If you want one of these pm me and I'll sort out a good price for you.

Janspeed will do alternative tailpipes to the 3.5" one which is the standard but this will be more expensive as they basically mass produce the 3.5" system then change the tailpipe on request.. I know that they definitely will do a 2.5" twin and we sell this on our site as an option.

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.php/volkswagen/vw-lupo/exhaust/exhaust-systems/janspeed-catback-exhaust-system-vw-lupo-1-6-16v-gti.html» Janspeed exhaust

I will check on the 3" tomorrow and will add it on to our site if they will supply it..

if you could get hold of a 3" system id be very interested!

if you could get hold of a 3" system id be very interested!

good news - they've just told me the system will be 3" from now on rather than the 3.5" so can certainly sort you out..

Edited by Kam Racing

Got my Janspeed tonight, 3 inch is now standard for them cos the 3.5 are too big. Sounds brilliant, looks superb, but what a horror to fit! I'm a BMW tech, so i come across some awkward exhausts, but this thing needed some serious DIY to fit.