Das Lupo GTI.

jon_273

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool

Dunno why you didn't pinch the cambridge lights ages ago, looks miles better!

Think this needs a black front badge, do you not have a spare lying about you could paint?

Looking good John. You could've just bought a new GTI emblem from LupoBoz.

I think you need 20mm spacers on the rear to fill the arches that little bit extra.

Where did you 'borrow' the SE lights from, your mum?

Oh! and I'm getting some anthracite in my life soon...

PS and could you do me a favour and put the starlites on now you have lowered it a bit more :rolleyes:

...and could you please update your thread title.

Its looking very tidy Jon, ill have to have a ride out in it soon and see if i can tell the difference in the suspension ;)

Has your mum realised her lights have changed yet? Her SE looks odd with all red. Mind, i could remove the lights on my mums car all together and she wouldnt notice :blink:

Very nice pictures, where were they taken? Looks Newcastle-ish?

Its a shame you can't fit the starlites over the brakes, it would look pretty good.

Edited by cardaft

So, what are the KW's like compared to the Weitecs?

Knew someone would ask that. I haven't noticed a massive difference so far, in fact both kits are very similar. The springs have the same number, but I think the KW dampers are better.

I think the ride is slightly improved. Can't comment on the handling yet as I haven't pushed the car with them on. Foxy has though so ask him!

Very Nice

Looks super

Gooooood shine 2

Ryan

Thank you very much, praise indeed coming from someone with a car as shiny as yours.

Mmmmm lovely!!!

Cool

Dunno why you didn't pinch the cambridge lights ages ago, looks miles better!

Think this needs a black front badge, do you not have a spare lying about you could paint?

I did have a badge kicking about, gave it to some random in a carpark at York. He promise to let me try it on sometime, so I will get a picture for you.

Looking good John. You could've just bought a new GTI emblem from LupoBoz.

I think you need 20mm spacers on the rear to fill the arches that little bit extra.

Where did you 'borrow' the SE lights from, your mum?

Oh! and I'm getting some anthracite in my life soon...

PS and could you do me a favour and put the starlites on now you have lowered it a bit more

...and could you please update your thread title.

LupoBoz wasn't on the forum when I did the front GTI badge. And I already had the red tape. So there :P

I concur about the spacers.

Yes, and she hasn't noticed yet :whistle:

Explain further??? Might this explain what you keep trying to de-value Anthracite cars by saying they are all dodgy?

Soon.... but it means I have to swap the discs, pads and carriers as well as the wheels :blink:

Yes boss!

Its looking very tidy Jon, ill have to have a ride out in it soon and see if i can tell the difference in the suspension

Has your mum realised her lights have changed yet? Her SE looks odd with all red. Mind, i could remove the lights on my mums car all together and she wouldnt notice

Very nice pictures, where were they taken? Looks Newcastle-ish?

Its a shame you can't fit the starlites over the brakes, it would look pretty good.

Yes definitely.

Took the pictures yesterday, does the viaduct not look familiar? Somewhere where a bridge has just re-opened...

I'm not so dodgy as to go completely anthracite, just a tad will be joining the reflex on the drive.

I pulled my one of my starlites out of the shed yesterday lunchtime and Amanda fell in love with them, so I may just buy some tyres and try them on the car for a while.

I've got some 20mm spacers Jon if you want to test fit them for width before you buy some. They're slightly too wide for mine, but with you not being as low you might get away with them.

Ooh, sounds interesting Ray. Yeah I really want to get the starlites on, I reckon the GTi will look great slightly lowered on 7J ET40, just not sure about then only being 14".

Cheers Phil that would be great. I'd like to see what it looks like with them on :)

Thanks! Gave them a good dose of AutoGlym Wheel Sealer back and front to hopefully keep the brake dust at bay as it's not as obvious on these wheels as it is on silver ones.

And Toyo rubber absulutely stinks :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Whoops! Are the Xenons supposed to be dismantled in this many parts? :lol:

P1010034.jpg

The good news is that I (we) have fixed the drivers side xenon. The pin in the shutter hinge slid out and the shutter was loose. Then I used VAG-COM to reset the automatic adjustment, allowing me to realign them manually. Hopefully people won't keep flashing me all the time now :whistle:

Also got the Starlites fitted finally, and lowered it some more. Got 20mm spacers on the rear.

P1000999.jpg

Rolling shots here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philplop/4901844055/in/set-72157624622976979/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philplop/4902428548/in/set-72157624622976979/

Edited by jon_273

Love starlites, they look a little small on Gtis tho.. Still looks good tho!

Know what would be kinda cool, some Mini cooper S wheels :shades:

090185_wheel.jpg

Edit: LOVE the colour!

Edited by JamesTdi

Xenons are fun hey? Need to take mine apart again as one of the adjusters popped off when we tried to adjust them at the MOT, set them with VAG-COM too.

That one rolling shot is reallly good.

I was expecting loads more pieces of xenon from what you were saying. I am unimpressed.

That rolling shot is pretty good, considering you were getting absolutely caned by a girl in an 18 year old, 1litre, 4 speed car with an idiot with a camera hanging out the window. :lol:

She also made it down to Boston faster than I ever have, during rush hour too. Speed demon. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I want the credit for the spacers and the small brakes, without all that, none of your current stance would be possible. :coffee:

I like the starlites, I don't think they look as small in person. See if you can get the front down a bit though. ;)

Edited by Philplop