Das Lupo GTI.

jon_273

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Heated seats are for pussies and southern softies, you're not a southerner, so I assume you're a pussy!

Ah haha, you're just jealous :).

I got the GTi out the garage today to remind myself what it looks like. It must be a couple of weeks since I've driven it, mainly due to a puncture and busy with other things. I've got a set of Bathursts but I'm still waiting for the tyres to come in.

Took the arch liners out to clean out all the leaves and crap that builds up, and give the coilovers threads a bit if a once-over. Was surprised at the size of the washer tank! Looks to be a separate pump for the headlight washers too.

P1000725.jpg

This fell out, anyone know where it goes (the foam block not the wheel nut, I know where that goes ;) )? I've wedged it between the washer tank and the wing because it looked like it fitted there.

P1000728.jpg

Currently sitting like this:

P1000722.jpg

P1000718.jpg

I remember that bit of foam falling off mine years ago, didnt know where it went so i threw it in the bin. :lol:

I think alot of people will be excited to see a GTI on Starlites

I remember that bit of foam falling off mine years ago, didnt know where it went so i threw it in the bin. :lol:

I think alot of people will be excited to see a GTI on Starlites

Right, so it shouldn't be anything to worry about then!

I think they will, I know a few people have asked for pics recently.

The washer fluid tank is massive, over 6 litres. I thought that when I first saw the one on mine too.

Your exhaust is wonky ;)

Jubilee clips are next on the list!

How low is your car Jon? I think it'll need to be lower to pull off the 14s.

Not very at the moment, and also it looks worse as the front wheel is up on the pavement. About 6 turns up on the rear, I agree it could be a bit lower :)

It's pay off though. As you know I like to drive my GTI and the drive shafts knock occasionally already, so any lower would increase fouling.

I also wouldn't get it on my drive. Mr Foxy, cleaned my drive and the pavement with his front end on the DDR Scotland trip.

On a side note where do you get pink washer fluid from? I've been looking for some for a while to match my coolant but can only find green or blue :(

I think Auto Glym screenwash is pink??

Probably my current favorite combination of lupo/colour/wheels for OEM stuff. There should be a jealous button on here =p

On a side note where do you get pink washer fluid from? I've been looking for some for a while to match my coolant but can only find green or blue :(

Well I was going to say you would have to ask the previous owner because I haven't topped it up yet. Never even thought about having matching fluid colours though. Can you get pink brake fluid? :lol:

It's pay off though. As you know I like to drive my GTI and the drive shafts knock occasionally already, so any lower would increase fouling.

I also wouldn't get it on my drive. Mr Foxy, cleaned my drive and the pavement with his front end on the DDR Scotland trip.

Well I've raised this up a bit since I got it, just while I get used to it and also because the driveshaft was knocking during any sort of hard driving. If you look at the rolling radius of 185/55/14 its about the same as 195/45/15 so I don't think you would have too many issues. With lower profile tyres on the starlites I reckon you would have to compromise either the looks or fouling of the driveshaft.

Probably my current favorite combination of lupo/colour/wheels for OEM stuff. There should be a jealous button on here =p

Thank you very much. I am an OEM sort of guy B)

Oh, did nobody tell you lowered cars are a bit last decade? :lol:

Got tyres on the Bathursts now too, went for Uniroyal rainsport 2's in the end. I hope they are good in the wet. I reckon I will end up lowering it some more, but the height it is at the moment is how I think they should have come from the factory!

P1000730.jpg

Edited by jon_273

Looks good on the Bathursts, prefer them at that height than slammed dragging their bottoms on the floor.

Any more plans?

Edit: Happy Birthday btw.

Edited by 99hjhm

Looks spot on like that, i had rainsports a few years back and thought they were worth the money, did the job too since it more than likely rains 10 months out of the 12!

• 3 months later...

Alright dude not been on here for a while, glad to see you've got a gti now aswel!

ive sort of got one, made the other half buy one and she never gets to drive it haha.

Not seen you about for over a year now mind!

Now then! Not seen you about for ages either. I used to spot you quite a bit in your old Mk3 Polo, you got another one now then?

I will keep my eyes peeled for the other half's GTI :)

Quick update on this, fixed the exhaust up using oem parts. It doesn't sag or wobble any more, doesn't sit wonky like on the first page, and the check light seems to be gone for good. Recently put a fuel treatment through it too and now it's running great!

Upgraded to KW V1 GTi coilovers. Set at a 'handling' type of height. Foxy did my wheel alignment so when my tyres wear unevenly I can blame him :lol:

Also 'borrowed' some Cambridge lights, and re-did the red 'I' on the front GTI badge.

P1000862.jpg

P1000863.jpg

P1000859.jpg

P1000865.jpg

P1000867.jpg

P1000871.jpg

P1000868.jpg

P1000874.jpg

P1000873.jpg

Edited by jon_273

Very Nice :wub:

Looks super :)