People Love Lupos!!

Alex_225

Not many people would take the time out of their day to actually comment on your car but today I had two people actually stop to say how nice my Lupo is.

The thing is it's not the most cosmetically modified (rims, wheels, black roof) or the fastest but I think the character of the Lupo really shines through. So when people see a nice one or a modded one they instantly like it a bit like an old Mini or a Beetle, people love them by default.

First chap sat and watched me reverse park then as I got out said how smart the car looked and just kept looking it up and down. Asked me a few bits and pieces about the engine and insurance and just really liked it. Good feeling that.

Then at the petrol station this evening, had a middle aged guy ask about it and then say 'Really nice mate, very smooth too' and got in his car haha.

It's official everyone loves a nice Lupo! :D

I agree! The amount of people I have commenting on it at petrol stations mostly are unreal lol, always complementary on how smart or tidy it is or that its a nice little car. Always get about 4 or 5 mechanics come over for a nosey if I take it to a garage for something aswell :D

Although I have had a rather dippy woman driving a Golf on the pump opposite say "Ooh thats a nice little Golf you've got, I should have got one of those" and had a few blokes say "What is that, is that a Polo?" - I just say look at the badge on the back :lol:

People certainly love them and strike up conversation because of them :)

I loved the Arosa, conversations were usually along the line of ..."Whats that" lol, and when i told them they still didnt know, so i then said it was practically a Lupo and they all said it was a cool car.

I miss it but love the extra 9n polo spaciousness :shades:

One of the best small cars around!

I park mine right outside the front door of my work (sainsbury's) and always notice people looking at it. Had a guy in a mk4 Golf with some sick rimz yo staring at it earlier whilst filling up at the petrol station....I lol'd

People tend to laugh at mine at the moment with the rusty bonnet and wheel trims hanging on by one cable tie.

Normally though, i get some nice comments. Like today, i was out sanding back some filler and an asian guy come and have a hour long convo with me about Edition 38. It brightens my day, but i was very glad for my gf to walk down the road.

haha i bet! an hours quite excessive!

I get ripped a bit for having mine too, jealousy i reckon! lol

Defo makes my day getting a comment on it, but like you ben, not atm, the wellers just transform it...looks crap with these wheels on

O i can't wait until the Mattigs are sprayed and back on. I reakon its gunna look SO much better than before, and stand out so much more. Normally i can't hear people shouting at me cause my subs are blaring :D

So not just me then, people do just Like Lupos.

Anyone that takes the p!ss either is jealous or just simply doesn't get them. As I say it's like a classic Mini or a old skool Beetle, people wouldn't own one but can see it's charm. It's the whole reason why I bought a Lupo as there's nothing out there that has the same charm.

In fact, I'd say that there isn't a small car that's been released in the last 10-12 years that has the same amount of character. There might be better cars out there but it's the character of the Lupo that makes them.

I have to say I haven't ever had a bad comment about it at all, never had anyone tell me to buy a better car or taken the p!ss. Might because I'm usually bigger than them haha. Even guys I work with, one of which is an avid Jap fan thought it was quite cool.

Another friend of mine was just looking round it the other day, he's seen it numerous times but just went 'It really is such a cool car!'. He's owned two very tasteful and well done show cars, currently drives a matt black Veilside Nissan 350Z so knows a thing or two about a nice motor.

Edited by Alex_225

i parked outside a kfc and when i come back to my car i had a fella with his 2 kids sitting next to my arosa haveing there picture taken lol. all that had been done to it coilovers and 13x7 mini superlights and stiped interior with harnesses use to get alot of comments i once had a realy fit lady midle aged who was driving a brand new c class tell me she loved it and se whanted it lol

That is always one of the plus points to a Lupo/Arosa that you can make one look stunning with three things.

1) Wheels

2) Stance

3) Keep it clean

Well the 3rd one is optional I guess. Thing is unlike many small cars like Clios, Saxos, Corsas etc there aren't many of these around and most people modify them tastefully. My Lupo is low and quite loud but never branded as a chav car becuase it's considered cool by most people.

I like it when coppers pull me and don't have any idea what it is lol.

I had a parking ticket recently and the vehicle description in the make and model boxes were

Make: Red

Model: Car

:lol:

LOL @ Red Car.

2 people I work with have owned lupos, One of them is a bit of a hardman, who you'd never ever expect to see in a lupo, yet he'll still admit that he misses the car! lol.

ive had a few cars and i have to say i love my lupo to bits, im always looking forward to the next job to be done, ive taken them horrible white stripes of today, still got a million more jobs to do, as for the ride its so nice to have a car that has no understeer,

coilovers,

deff new seats,

new aeirel, seen one on here for a tenner,

vw gamma tape plus cd player double din,

new quick release steering hub as mine wobbles a bit,

maybe a bonnet bra,

sub and amp,

exhaust,

uprated pads and discs etc etc etc

2 people I work with have owned lupos, One of them is a bit of a hardman, who you'd never ever expect to see in a lupo, yet he'll still admit that he misses the car! lol.

That's partly why I find it fun owning a Lupo, not that I'm claiming to be some kind of hard man. But I'm a big bloke, have tattoos and look scary to some yet I get in a Lupo. Tiny car with a big bloke driving, makes it all the more quirky.

Too many blokes out there have to have POOOWEERRRRR and a big car to show how much of a man they are, Lupos prove that you have nothing to prove. :D