Bubbling spoiler GTi

Jonny GTi

Just to let you all know that I have had my spoiler replaced under warranty due to the usual bubbles in the paint. Lookers VW Northallerton are fitting it next week, trying to squeeze for a high level brake light to!

that sounds good as i have got a couple very small bubbles appearing, but no where near enough to be proper noticeable and justify me resprayin it.

plastic doesnt corrode lol

anyone had there spoiler repaired by vw? how much did they charge?

mine is bubbling like a bitch.

Have heard that its better to buy a new spoiler as spraying your old one theres a chance it could come back.

Have heard that its better to buy a new spoiler as spraying your old one theres a chance it could come back.

It is better to get a new spoiler, took hours to strip mine back, I left it weeks before repainting it, letting it dry out.

No bubbling yet though. :)

• 1 month later...

Ive just had a look at my lupo that ive just bought, it has this same bubbling issue on the rear roof spoiler, is it covered under the 12 year warranty?

Northallerton isn't that far from me, and my spoiler is bubbling..... Only thing is, I've seen some of their warranty repair work, and the quality/finish wasn't the best.

Johnny GTI: did you get it repaired then? Did they do a god job?

Dammit, i might just leave it for a while it isnt that bad, Any idea's on how much vw will charge to fix?

You also need to check the insides of the doors had mine done last year at Lookers and did a brilliant job. Got them to fit and paint new front bumper also paint wings and bonnet as well.

You also need to check the insides of the doors had mine done last year at Lookers and did a brilliant job. Got them to fit and paint new front bumper also paint wings and bonnet as well.

How much did they charge for the extra work dude?