project Arosa / budget dog

olethalb

This is cool i like this ! I am telling u from experience those polo valver engines with come gxsr carbs, are UNBELIEVABLY quick ! My mate has one in his mk1 Golf and its crazy ! I guarantee that arosa is lighter than it aswell ! I bike carbed my Mk1 Golf with its polo coupe s conversion and it gave alot of power gain ! Aswell as crazy abouts of rev's haha ! Goodluck with project got my eye on it ! And btw BORA = BOOOMMM! ;)

Regards Mike

thanks bud - been thinking about bike carbing it too!

got a few bits done tonight, cleaned the bay, fitted the clutch, boltd the gearbox up, cleaned the engine and sat it in place but the dark was doing me in so i left it there for tonight.

arosa-2210001.jpg

arosa-2210002.jpg

arosa-2210003.jpg

arosa-2210004.jpg

Olly

crappy weather dampened my efforts today, got hardly anything done and everything was being difficult.

removed the old loom, pulled the dash out and removed the sound deadening to lose some more weight

arosa3110001.jpg

arosa3110002.jpg

arosa3110003.jpg

arosa3110004.jpg

arosa3110011.jpg

also layed the new loom in place

arosa3110005.jpg

removed the egr valve + pipe + removed the carbon cannister

arosa3110008.jpg

arosa3110009.jpg

arosa3110010.jpg

fitted the 16v throttle cable

arosa3110006.jpg

going to modify the loom a bit so pulled it back out again

Olly

thanks chaps, i'm in no rush to complete. had it firing last night but need more petrol to run it, i'm still contemplating pulling it all back out flogging the lump and dropping a 20vt in there. i suppose i should finish it off engine wise then i can sell it as a lupo / arosa conversion.

i modified the loom so all the lighting / indicators/ wipers etc loom is from the arosa and the management loom/ecu is from the polo 16v. the polo loom is ok but the light wiring takes a different route across the slam panel and it looks messy and clutters the bay so now it all looks arosa/ lupo oem.

Once it's up and running i'll concentrate on the body while i decide to keep the valver in or 20vt it, will be doing some one off body mods but the only time i get to work on it is 4.30 - 7.30 weekdays after work and weekends i'm working on other peoples cars so get no time.

Olly

refitted the modified loom earlier and wound it over, chucked some fuel in it then fired it up for a couple of seconds - enough to make sure things are ok. now i knew it was all good i could refit the front end

arosa5210004.jpg

arosa5210005.jpg

arosa5210006.jpg

arosa5210007.jpg

arosa5210001.jpg

oh threw some weld on the egr plate too

arosa5210009.jpg

got lights and everything, haha!

arosa5210012.jpg

bolted the relay plate back in and plugged the clocks in, still deciding what to do with the dash though

arosa5210003.jpg

arosa5210002.jpg

Olly

thanks chaps, didn't get any work done this weekend - saturday was a golf gti box, clutch, gearlinkage replacement and fit coilovers and today was 6n polo lower arm and track rod/end and seam wels a polo g40 gearbox mount and weld in a support bar to brace the mount. good news was i noticed a couple of bits in the corner of his garage - some 14" steels with 195/45/14 uniroyal rubbers and a stock g40 wheel - £115 later they were all mine!

fitted them on with some old caps i had laying about

arosa7210011.jpg

arosa7210012.jpg

sits alot better now

arosa7210019.jpg

arosa7210016.jpg

arosa7210013.jpg

arosa7210015.jpg

gave them a wipe over

arosa7210022.jpg

arosa7210023.jpg

arosa7210021.jpg

and the chunkier g40 wheel - needs a good clean though

arosa7210020.jpg

Olly

might have just bought a 'back box' for £20 so i can fabricate my custom exhaust, may start doing some body mods this week too.

really undecided what to with the interior though, contemplating painting the dash, also what to do with the door cards.....

Olly