this county is a mess!

TomStevo

Why is this country sooooooo rubbish!!!!!! why have we run out of grit! now because of a very stupid decision to stop gritting normal roads and only gritting motor ways i now have a set of rsl cults that are wrecked!!!!!! sheet ice everywere! was trying to get to work as i can afford to have the time off and going down the road, doing no more than about 10mph, holding cars up behind me i come to the slightest right bend i try turning and car keeps going, so i tryed to gear down to slow the car, still sliding, hit the kerb and wrecked one of my cults, not to mention in the town just next to were i live there has been 2 accidents already and apparently ones has had a death, tbh i dont think i am gonna evan attempt to go to work untill this clears up coz i now have a £550 set of wheels tht are pretty much scrap metal, my car is pulling to the left like mad so something has bent/snapped or something, and i dont fancy risking my car and possibly my life for a job tbh

been on blower to dubmeister today to see if they can get hold of another one for me and there going to look into it and ring me back so hopefully its good news, if not, bbs splits it is :D

and now because of this i aint gonna be able to afford my retrim :(, i hate this country!

heres some piks, i cannot believe how easily they got like that! a suppose a do have stretch so it was just the wheel hitting it and it did have around 1000kg of fource behind it like, it has totally ground the lip off, bent it all back and cracked the dish!

bit of filler and fiber glass, it will be reet! lmao

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

haha and thats why i will be rockin winter wheels lol, when i can actually get my cat to my house, have to park at bottom of estate and walk it, a wudnt be as bothered if you could get hold of them, but there discontinued!!!!!

am eyes up HTN rs's now tho lol

How much grit do you think there is?

There's only a finite amount, if we grit every single road this year there'll be none at all left in a couple of years! And how many gritters and drivers do you think we'd need?

Winter tyres help a lot. That's why we grind to a halt where other countries keep going.

Yeah, it's a pisser, but it's impossible to grit every road.

Edited by Philplop

i understand that but the road it happened on is a pretty main and buisy road, i wudnt be annoyd about it if it was a back street, i dont blame them for not doing back streets but not doing main roads is stupid if you ask me, and how come every petrol station you see has bags upon bags of grit piled up outside for sale, but the councils cant get hold of any?

most annoying part is if i didnt try to get to work theyd be very unhappy and i try to get there and am now gonna end up been alot of money out of pocket, i am 100000% not going to work untill this is starting to clear up,

i hope next year they prepare for this and the country dont grind to a hault

leave it in first gear and just let it take its self round, dont worry about the people behind ya.

People are really having ago at the councils and tbh its quite annoying. grit is only affective to a certain temp.

sombody from a council of a small town was on bbc the other night, and in that one town they have enough road to cover from that town 'i think it was in the north east' to go all the way to barcelona.

Personally i think we are just all a bunch of moaners and if the council managed to grit every single road im pretty sure we would have somthing else to bitch about.

No expect this much snow. It was on the news the other night everyones blaming everyone else. Its just one of those freak things that happens and you just have to get on with it.

If your gonna start smashing your wheels into stuff might as well do it properly.....

brokenvenom.jpg

At least they are three piece wheels, All you need is a new dish and you're done!!

Did the same last week with a Bathurst, couldn't even see the mark on the wheel(There is a little one), just a scuff on the trye.. But the wishbone was ****ed. :D

Forget winter wheels, I need a winter Lupo... 10mph or less into a kerb, ungritted road outside a school!!!

they are fake splits, i wouldnt give a dam if they wa splits, wud be an excuse for inox dishes, and am not havin a go as such, am just pissd off at this decision to only grit motor ways and not evan slip roads, but the road it happened on gets stupidly buisy on a morning, dinner time and at about 5, not to mention numerous amount of lorrys driving down the road, i think roads like that should be gritted aswell, or evan plowed, if they plowed it there wudnt have been any slush to freeze

and they were expensive brand new but they are still fake splits lol

Really? I dunno much about small wheels but I thought RSL ****s were expensive wheels?

They're expensive and much more expensive now as they're discontinued, however they did make RSL Cults splits but they must be very rare and even more expensive than the fakes!