Tom's Bagged Yellow & Purple Lupo

Tomjw

Hi CL!
Ive owned my Lupo for a year now and had alot of work carried out since first buying it. When I first got it the interior was stripped and left in the car with other parts so I started off by cleaning the interior out and sorting what parts needed fitting. It was left in the snow for 6 months as the old owner had a new car. The engine block was frozen and alot of parts which needed replacing.

The list of work carried out.
Engine:
Waterpump, cambelt, thermostat and battery were first to be replaced.
Bolt threads in the disc's and drums were all threaded and needed re-threading and new bolts fitted.
Full service inc. new tyres, brakes, gearbox, clutch and cable fitted.
BMC CDA induction kit fited and throttle body cleaned.
Oil catch tank fitted.

Exterior:
Badboy bonnet was damaged so replaced with standard bonnet and resprayed.
Bumeper was snapped so had to be re-smoothed and resprayed.
14" 7J Revolution RFX's were replaced with 14" 6J Pirelli P Slots now running 15" 7J Lenso BSX's in white.
All bulbs were replaced with extreme brilliance and quick reaction.
Rear wiper removed and blanked with a stop end.
Single wiper was snapped so replaced with standard 2 wipers and new mech.
New scuttle panel fitted.
VW Aero wiper converion blades fitted.
GTI Spoiler with brake light fitted.
Vmaxx coilovers lowered approx 120mm.
Full respray with black roof.
Machine polished and sealed with High Def wax.
Stubby aerial fitted.
Drivers side mirror replaced with original stubby mirror to match passenger side.
Front bumper smoothed with Reiger lower valance.
Rear bumper smoothed.
Boot lid smoothed.
Rub strips removed.
Powerflow exhaust fitted.

Interior:
GTI front seats fully adjustable fitted.
Audi TT knee gaurds.
Various trim sprayed gloss black with checkers.
Custom "Lupo" floormats.
Doorcards, pillars and roof retrimmed in black suede.

ICE:
Sony HU with Aux (Replacing with JVC Double Din HU)
Theloudest.com 400watt competition pro speakers fitted.
Fusion tweeters fitted.

How it started
NoHandle.jpg
HowItBegan.jpg

Dinks removed
nodents.jpg

New bumper with Regier lower valance & badboy bonnet
newbumpers.jpg

Boot lid smoothed
Smoothing.jpg

Respray
Respray.jpg

After the respray
Front01.jpg

Bumper smoothed
DSC00078.jpg

Doorcards resprayed
DSC00055.jpg

14" 7J Revolution RFX's
26012010016.jpg

Damaged bonnet replaced
26012010015.jpg
06022010002.jpg

Doorcards, roof lining and pillars retrimmed in black suede
10022010.jpg
10022010001.jpg

GTI spoiler
BackOld-1.jpg

Bumper was snapped off from a ramp so in the process of being resmoothed and resprayed (Wasnt lined up correctly so the part under the D/S headlamp sticks out 1cm)
21032010005.jpg

Rear interior fitted
02082010003.jpg

Various parts resprayed
25052010005.jpg

Revolutions replaced by Pirelli P Slots
P6220005.jpg

Lowered another 20mm after fitting the Lenso BSX's
DSC_0053.jpg

Thats it for now, future plans are to respray the engine cover, VW badges and Lenso centres purple and im having my rear arches rolled next week as the tyres are taking some serious beating sad.gif

Keep checking back for more updates!

See you soon at some meets and cruises smile.gif Cheers, Tom

Edited by Tomjw

Cheers for the comments! I like the badboy bonnet, kinda suits it, makes it look meannnn :angry2: loool

this car is much more 'euro' styled than a lot of UK cars claiming that status.

Wouldn't mind a better look at the seats..

are they MK2 GTI items ?

Did you know the previous owner before me then mate? and I need to get a sorted job first then the plans are new rims, bbs or ronals. Urmmm...the seats are stipped out the back at the min so i might buy some seen as its more practical lol...but before all that it needs a bloody good clean on the inside lol!!! and a few bits and pieces need sortin like drivers side door wont lock from outside but ive found a lock repair kit off ebay for a £10a and the bonnet needs sandin down n resprayed again.

About the seats, i think they are MK2 GTI mate, not that sure tho.

Tom

I know the old owner, he works in the garage where the photo's are took, right?

Me and Liam - dunno if you know him? Did the suede headlining in the lupo haha!

loool! na i dont know u both sorry and yeah thats where the pics are taken... ent been able to get any of how it is now because of the stupid weather!... u did the headlinin thats in now? nice job! gives it a different look inside... hopefully ill have it on the road on sunday! the engine needs water and antifreeze in because its empty... but cant get the bonnet open because the handles snapped lol! so waitin on the part!

Did you know the previous owner before me then mate? and I need to get a sorted job first then the plans are new rims, bbs or ronals. Urmmm...the seats are stipped out the back at the min so i might buy some seen as its more practical lol...but before all that it needs a bloody good clean on the inside lol!!! and a few bits and pieces need sortin like drivers side door wont lock from outside but ive found a lock repair kit off ebay for a £10a and the bonnet needs sandin down n resprayed again.

About the seats, i think they are MK2 GTI mate, not that sure tho.

Tom

If you after back seats i'm selling some out of a T-reg, yellow centres with grey. £25 collected i think i said in my post?

If you after back seats i'm selling some out of a T-reg, yellow centres with grey. £25 collected i think i said in my post?

ahhhh very interestin :) well i got other things to sort before i get the seats in first but if uve still got them in about a month ill have them off u!

cheers mate! the bad boy bonnet is going as its damaged at would be cheaper to buy a new 1 instead so im not really botherd, either way it looks ok but i think for a more euro look then standard will work better

james u dint do the headliner in tht car at allll! everythin that got done on that car i done maself inside an out lol an yea tom fink ya need to buy sum BBS Rms! mite sell mine when i get another 2 dishs the exact1s in the pic! but 8s all round now an black haha think about tht :D lol

oh yea an there not standard allooys tom there revolution RFXs 14 by 7 an half all round i thinkk, an the seats are lupo GTi seats not MK2 golf seats